Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Aria OUT Dometic 320 IN

I was having all the same systemic problems with the electric Aria. Unti, we were just watching TV and the toilet started cycling ALL BY ITSELF! Open, flush, close, open, flush, close..... If I hadn't been here to shut it down, it would have filled the tank and overflowed! I decided it was time for a replacement. Went to the local RV store and bought the Dometic 320. Most of us that have changed out a toilet knows what happened next.... Flange is too high and it is glued on!
I had to drill the flange to match the holes in the Dometic. Lagged the toilet down to the flange. I have used plastic wedges to help level off, but the toilet still rocks.
What did you all do to remedy this? I am planning on replacing the current tile with laminate, which I believe is even thinner than the tile therefore leaving the toilet flange even higher. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
With Doberman (Bailey) & Shitzu (Cooper)
NVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2015, 05:14 PM   #2

Had the same problem flange 180 off for the new toilet and too high to sit right. Priced all the parts to rebuild the old one found I could buy new cheaper from PPL in Houston. The problem with the repeated flushing is in the controller, the box with the telephone like cable unplug and clean contacts and make sure it's dry and it should work fine. I didn't think it was worth the effort to change flange and tile so replaced with a new one for around $500 from PPL 👙
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #3

Hi,
Check to see if a Dometic mounting kit will help solve the problem of rocking, Camping World, Amazon check online
Don
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
When I pulled up my Aria, it wasn't even using the flange, just lag screws in the floor. The flange was there so used it and fit was good. I guess I would try to cut,grind old flange off and replace with new at correct height. I don't miss wondering if that noisy toilet was going to take off on it's own!
Good luck
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #5

Don't know the PBT floor plan. I had to replace the flange when I removed the tile and extra OSB layer in my toilet closet. You are right the flange is glued to a 45*elbow then a straight section of pipe before elbowing into another 45* that dumps into the holding tank. The pipes were readily accessible by removing the cover that holds the LP cut-off switch. I cut mid-way in the straight section and replaced everything above it. if you have the same access it is not to hard of a job. Keep in mind they use ABS pipe instead of PVC. Don't know if I did a good job at describing this but if you can access your pipes the same way I think it will make sense to you when you see it.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I tore out the Aria II POS back in March 2010 and replaced it with a Sealand Magnum Opus which has been trouble free since day one.

Whereas the Aria had to have three motor/seal units installed in the first 6 years that I owned the coach.

Since the flanges were different I cut out a section of the old higher Thetford one using a Dremel tool and glued in a new floor flange for the Sealand toilet.

I've been a Happy Camper for well over 5 years now!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:55 PM   #7

Dometic 320 Extra Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMike View Post
I was having all the same systemic problems with the electric Aria. Unti, we were just watching TV and the toilet started cycling ALL BY ITSELF! Open, flush, close, open, flush, close..... If I hadn't been here to shut it down, it would have filled the tank and overflowed! I decided it was time for a replacement. Went to the local RV store and bought the Dometic 320. Most of us that have changed out a toilet knows what happened next.... Flange is too high and it is glued on!
I had to drill the flange to match the holes in the Dometic. Lagged the toilet down to the flange. I have used plastic wedges to help level off, but the toilet still rocks.
What did you all do to remedy this? I am planning on replacing the current tile with laminate, which I believe is even thinner than the tile therefore leaving the toilet flange even higher. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
I changed out a Dometic 300 for a 320.The 320 was too high for the floor flange so I bought the $100 flat plastic “riser” from Amazon.When it was screwed down and all the silicone still sticking there was no more rockingThat didn’t last long.
TRIPLE 555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem. I was lucky and directly under the toilet if I lifted that door (Propane tank door) there was a plastic panel held in by screws once. Once removed I had access to the bottom of the toilet plumbing which was a straight drop to the black tank. I had to cut the black ABS plumbing to remove the closet flange so I could take the 3/8" spacer out that was under the toilet flange. In doing so when I mocked up the Dometic 320 the toile flange was to low. I had to put the spacer in my lathe and cut it down some. After achieving the correct height it was just a matter of gluing everything together. I also had to piece in some tile so because whoever put the ARIA butchered the tile. It was a PITA to do everything but it was well worth the effort. After looking at how the ARIA was made to drain waste it was obvious it was a piss poor design to say the least. Just my opinion.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #9

I'think you will be happy with the 320 verses the Aria, I know we are. I didn't have to do anything to the flange got lucky I guess. I pulled out the noisy Aria added to water supply line and lag bolted the 320 to the floor done. It's rock solid no rocking, no shimming, no tile work. I did buy the low profile due to the ledge that Monaco used wanted feet to reach the floor Mine went out first week into a two month trip. We stopped at Camping World outside of Denver bought the 320 and went to a campground and done the swap took maybe an hour.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh2013 View Post
I'think you will be happy with the 320 verses the Aria, I know we are. I didn't have to do anything to the flange got lucky I guess. I pulled out the noisy Aria added to water supply line and lag bolted the 320 to the floor done. It's rock solid no rocking, no shimming, no tile work. I did buy the low profile due to the ledge that Monaco used wanted feet to reach the floor Mine went out first week into a two month trip. We stopped at Camping World outside of Denver bought the 320 and went to a campground and done the swap took maybe an hour.
You must be a magician then.....lol. I could barely get a wrench on the nut underneath the foot valve to hold the toilet down.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar368 View Post
You must be a magician then.....lol. I could barely get a wrench on the nut underneath the foot valve to hold the toilet down.
I think a contortionist is a better way of putting it It is a tight space
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic