Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2022, 10:28 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Assistance in removing the dash air/heater blower motor in a 1999 Monaco Windsor

Our dash ac/heater stopped working. It was working on high only. If anyone knows what part number this takes would be helpful. Thank you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2022, 10:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
That will likely be the blower resistor pack rather than the motor. Should be easier to replace.

Paul
pwhittle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:51 AM   #3

The resistor block is usually from a popular auto that was used for many years before. Older GM parts very popular on MH. It will be installed into duct to help cool it, near blower usually. Has plug with several wires.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #4

Hi HartsRving; On my previous 2000 Windsor an my now 2001 Windsor I had to replace the blower motor resistor pack. It uses a Ford part. Here are the numbers. Ford part #D8BH19A706AB or D32H19A706AB. You should be able to find these online or at your local auto parts store. If your 1999 Windsor is designed the same as my coaches the resistor pack is located on top of the air plenum in the gen. compartment. Looking into the front of the compartment the resistor is located to your upper left on top of the air plenum. You should see some wires up there and an electrical plug. Remove the electrical plug. Then remove 2 sheet metal screws that hold the resistor to the plenum. Be careful when installing the new pack that you don't push the resistor coils together, touch each other, when reinstalling the new resistor pack. Done this twice and not a hard job. Hardest part is working in the confined space on top of the air plenum. Hope this info helps and good luck in your repair.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi HartsRving; On my previous 2000 Windsor an my now 2001 Windsor I had to replace the blower motor resistor pack. It uses a Ford part. Here are the numbers. Ford part #D8BH19A706AB or D32H19A706AB. You should be able to find these online or at your local auto parts store. If your 1999 Windsor is designed the same as my coaches the resistor pack is located on top of the air plenum in the gen. compartment. Looking into the front of the compartment the resistor is located to your upper left on top of the air plenum. You should see some wires up there and an electrical plug. Remove the electrical plug. Then remove 2 sheet metal screws that hold the resistor to the plenum. Be careful when installing the new pack that you don't push the resistor coils together, touch each other, when reinstalling the new resistor pack. Done this twice and not a hard job. Hardest part is working in the confined space on top of the air plenum. Hope this info helps and good luck in your repair.

Thank you for the great information this help’s a lot.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:49 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just replaced the resistor pack on mine. This is what I used.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392473938086
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #7

I have a 99 Signature. I can't find where the blower resistor is located. I have high speed, but no lower speeds.
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:08 PM   #8

Hi Massyfarm; Most Monaco's are designed the same in the front, dash A/C configuration. I know that's going out on a limb to say, but in the coaches with front gen. doors the air plenum is located to your upper left in the gen. compartment. Look for your A/C lines or your heater hoses. They will lead to the heater core or the A/C evaporator. These are contained in the air plenum for the dash air. The big black box so to speak. Somewhere on the big black box should be the blower motor resistor pack. A lot of the packs are located on top of the air plenum, but that may not be the case on your Signature. I would start looking in that area and see if you can find, I think, 4 wires going somewhere on the air plenum. I think it's got to be there somewhere.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:20 PM   #9

Hi Masseyfarm; Some more info. If you go to Visonervsalvage.com and at the top left of the page is shows, Body Panels. Click on body panels and select Monaco. Scroll down to the 23rd set of salvaged Monaco coaches. In the middle picture of line 23 there is a 2006 Monaco Diplomat. In those pictures you can see the dash air plenum along with the dash A/C lines. In one of those pictures of the plenum you can see the resistor pack on top of the plenum with 4 wires going to the resistor pack. This is what to look for on your Signature. Nice pictures of the fireboard on the 2006 Diplomat.
Old 07-27-2022, 11:38 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Masseyfarm; Some more info. If you go to Visonervsalvage.com and at the top left of the page is shows, Body Panels. Click on body panels and select Monaco. Scroll down to the 23rd set of salvaged Monaco coaches. In the middle picture of line 23 there is a 2006 Monaco Diplomat. In those pictures you can see the dash air plenum along with the dash A/C lines. In one of those pictures of the plenum you can see the resistor pack on top of the plenum with 4 wires going to the resistor pack. This is what to look for on your Signature. Nice pictures of the fireboard on the 2006 Diplomat.

Do you know the location of the blower if the resistor doesn’t work? Video would help if there is one. Thank you for the info.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:52 AM   #11

1999 Signature Blower Resistor location.

Thanks for the attempt to help, BUT the Signature (top of the line) has a different HVAC setup. All the plenum is located behind the interior panels and there is no access without major dismantling of the dash area. I just want to know for sure where to be looking before the dismantling starts. My book reads that the HVAC was supplied by VEHICLE SYSTEMS. This is connected with the AquaHot system also. There seems to be no on line information on this company remaining. IF ANYONE HAS A LEED TO INFORMATION or DIAGRAMS of this suppler, help would be appreciated. A trouble shooting guide would be great.
Thanks.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2022, 11:35 AM   #12

1999 Monaco SIGNATURE HVAC

UPDATE: I have a photo now of the hidden location of the resistor etc. No room to get my hand down in there to work blind, so probably am going to leave this project until we are parked for the winter. ---- OTHER INFORMATION--- This is a HVAC system by SMG. Serial # G763906. The company still seems to be active and located in 9000 Tyler Blvd., Mentor Oh, 44060 United States
440-255-1190. At this point I have no need to contact them as it is the installation of the unit by MONACO that is my problem for the moment. Thanks again for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartsRving View Post
Do you know the location of the blower if the resistor doesn’t work? Video would help if there is one. Thank you for the info.

Tags
1999, air, dash, dash air, heat, heater, monaco, motor, wind, windsor