Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
Ali

Monaco Owners Club
Atro MO10000 bushings where to buy - best price

I am thinking about replacing trailing arm and panhard bar bushings with Atro MO10000 to improve handling on our 2000 Windsor.

Any thoughts on where to purchase them at best price? I found them at $22/ea, wondering if I can find at a better price.

Thanks
Ali
Attached Images

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2020, 04:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I am thinking about replacing trailing arm and panhard bar bushings with Atro MO10000 to improve handling on our 2000 Windsor.

Any thoughts on where to purchase them at best price? I found them at $22/ea, wondering if I can find at a better price.

Thanks
Ali
I replaced all the bushings on my 07 Neptune about 4 years ago with the same Atro bushings. I ordered them from a local truck supply house. Best I recall I paid about $18/ a piece for them but again it was about 4 years ago. I'd say that's a pretty good price and you're probably not gonna beat it.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks
Ali
I agree the price is pretty good but I have to add:

What else have you done to improve the handling of your RR chassis ?

I have personally, along with Van's help, replaced all of my stock Monaco bushings with the ATRO M1000 and if you would like some feedback on the results I would be glad to provide them. The RR4 and the RR8,RR10 are TOTALLY different in their design and the results for bushing replacement are totally different.

Van and I have tested, thousands of miles, various improvements to the handling and responsiveness to the RR chassis. I am sure you have read or seen the TRW swap thread and the Wandering thread. BOTH worth a good read.

My two cents

Cheers,

Craig

Deflection test and what the two bushings look like side by side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171205_142313.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	271808   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171205_193208.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	271809  

CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:59 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
There seems to be limited offerings on my website search (which I'm usually pretty good at) and all the sites look sketchy in that they offer no contact information (address, phone etc).

I did go to the Atro site and they have a dealer locator which listed 3 reputable truck shops close to me, I'd call 2 or 3 of this type of shop near you and see who offers the best price. They might cut a deal if are buying several of these.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:51 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
When you get them, can you provide some dimensions (length, inner and outer diameter dimensions)?

I'm wondering if these bushings would be the same for my 2005 Beaver-Monaco Patriot Thunder - which is built on the SMC Magnum chassis (prior to Monaco moving the Beaver PT to the Roadmaster chassis)
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
When you get them, can you provide some dimensions (length, inner and outer diameter dimensions)?

I'm wondering if these bushings would be the same for my 2005 Beaver-Monaco Patriot Thunder - which is built on the SMC Magnum chassis (prior to Monaco moving the Beaver PT to the Roadmaster chassis)
Country B,

I'm pretty sure every Roadmaster chassis used the same bushings and the ATRO MO10000 is the direct replacement.

Just re-read your post and now see your on the Magnum chassis. If Roadmaster had any input, I'd say they are still the same. But also I'm only guessing here. Sorry I can't help further.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:39 PM   #7
Ali

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKnight View Post
I have personally, along with Van's help, replaced all of my stock Monaco bushings with the ATRO M1000 and if you would like some feedback on the results I would be glad to provide them.
Thank you, Chad, Craig, Jim and Mike. I found a few authorized resellers nearby, and I will contact them tomorrow for pricing:
https://bettstruckparts.com/
https://www.coastcounties.com/

Craig:
The issue I am experiencing is wandering, which I define as constantly having to make steering corrections to keep our coach going in a straight line.

I have an 8 step plan to tackle the wandering issue:
1. Replace tires, weigh coach and correct tire pressures
2. Ride height
3. Alignments
4. Steering box (TRW) adjustment and check linkages for play
5. Shocks
6. Check and replace trailing arm and Panhard rod bushings
7. Watts links front and rear
8. Cross bars on the rear

So far I've gone thru 1 to 5, which has improved the ride a bit, but the wandering issue still exist. I am very particular about the ride and handling of our coach, and I know I won't rest until I reached the bottom of my list or the bottom of my wallet

I love to hear about your feedback on the results of your bushing replacement. If you like I can give you a call when you are available or we can email and/or chat online.

BTW, your TRW swap and the Wandering threats are simply classics and valuable to anyone owning a Roadmaster chassis. I've learned so much from Van, yourself, Craig and many others participated in these two and many many other iRV2 threads, it is just mind boggling. Even in this reply several parts are excerpted from notes from TRW swap and Wandering threads. You guys are simply awesome

Mike:
Per Atro web site, here are the specs on MO10000. I will also measure and confirm when I receive them:
Item Description
ATRO # MO10000
VMRS # 016-002-048
Description Torque Rod Bushing
Part Dimensions 3" 4.500" 2.050"
Inside Diameter 7/8"
Outside Diameter — Reference 2"

Thank you as always
Ali
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:26 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Mike:
Per Atro web site, here are the specs on MO10000. I will also measure and confirm when I receive them:
Item Description
ATRO # MO10000
VMRS # 016-002-048
Inside Diameter 7/8"

Thank you as always
Ali
The dimensions don't make sense to me. I can understand the inside diameter of 7/8". That seems about right for the bolt that passes through it.
But the "3 inch, 4.5 inch, and 2.05 inch dimensions don't make sense (are those all "lengths", there three sizes available?) - and the outside diameter "reference 2 inch" seems a little small for a busing with a 7/8 hole in the middle of it.

I'll wait until you get a set and can measure.
Thanks
Old 01-10-2020, 05:29 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The dimensions don't make sense to me.
"Package Dimensions (in) 9.3 (L) x 4.5 (W) x 2.05 (H) Part Dimensions 3" 4.500" 2.050".
My take on the dimensions; The bushing is 7/8" ID X 2" OD X 3" Length
Old 01-10-2020, 05:58 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds good.
I think you meant to type "3 in (L)". But your explanation makes sense.

Package dimensions are not very useful. It's like looking at product specs on Amazon. Who cares about the package size - it's the product dimension everyone needs.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:47 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Sounds good.
I think you meant to type "3 in (L)". But your explanation makes sense.

Package dimensions are not very useful. It's like looking at product specs on Amazon. Who cares about the package size - it's the product dimension everyone needs.
That stuff drives all of us crazy. What I posted with the crazy dimensions were just copied and pasted from the Atro site.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you, Chad, Craig, Jim and Mike. I found a few authorized resellers nearby, and I will contact them tomorrow for pricing:
https://bettstruckparts.com/
https://www.coastcounties.com/

Craig:
The issue I am experiencing is wandering, which I define as constantly having to make steering corrections to keep our coach going in a straight line.

I have an 8 step plan to tackle the wandering issue:
1. Replace tires, weigh coach and correct tire pressures
2. Ride height
3. Alignments
4. Steering box (TRW) adjustment and check linkages for play
5. Shocks
6. Check and replace trailing arm and Panhard rod bushings
7. Watts links front and rear
8. Cross bars on the rear

So far I've gone thru 1 to 5, which has improved the ride a bit, but the wandering issue still exist. I am very particular about the ride and handling of our coach, and I know I won't rest until I reached the bottom of my list or the bottom of my wallet

I love to hear about your feedback on the results of your bushing replacement. If you like I can give you a call when you are available or we can email and/or chat online.

BTW, your TRW swap and the Wandering threats are simply classics and valuable to anyone owning a Roadmaster chassis. I've learned so much from Van, yourself, Craig and many others participated in these two and many many other iRV2 threads, it is just mind boggling. Even in this reply several parts are excerpted from notes from TRW swap and Wandering threads. You guys are simply awesome

Mike:
Item Description
ATRO # MO10000
VMRS # 016-002-048
Inside Diameter 7/8"

Thank you as always
Ali

Thank you for the kind words.

Without starting another Wandering thread.

Replacing your bushings is a MAJOR undertaking and you will need some special tools. Van machined a special set of dies to remove and replace the bushings and it really helped with bushing collapse and not damaging the Atro bushings on the way in. I can guarantee that your bushings are frozen in place. It took an entire day, long day !, to replace all my bushings. I will PM you my phone number and I will be glad to talk to you. If someone else wants to discuss the answer below please feel free to PM me and I can provide you my cell number.

7 and 8 will be HUGE improvements and are bolt on in just a few hours.
You are trying to STOP H frame movement.

1,2,3,5 will do very little, minimal improvement, to help the wandering issue with the RR chassis. Your greatest improvement, 4 TRW adjusted correctly, which you have done. Helps the driver not induce wandering and you are not chasing the heavy end. 7 & 8, control H frame movement.

If it was my coach, or a friends coach, and I knew then what I know now I would do the upgrades in the following order.
Test drive after each "improvement". Van and I have personally done 20 plus coaches.

1. Rear Cross bars and a front Watts Link. Bolt on both in 3 hours.
Test drive, take a trip, feel, see the results.

2. Rear Watts Link.

3. Replace the Panhard Bar bushings front and rear.

4. Replace the trailing arm bushings on the entire coach. Bushing replacement will make the coach a bit more sensitive to driver input and cross winds. I have driven in 45 MPH cross winds. Would I replace the bushings again, maybe.

I have done all the above with tested and proven results on multiple coaches.

With your approval I would like to post this also in the Wandering thread, cut and paste style, just so people can follow along and have the valuable knowledge of this discussion.

I would not want you empty your wallet or spend time and effort on your coach and not get the results you are after, there is enough of that in the RV world !

Mike Hughes, Monaco Watts, has done a fantastic job in making easy bolt on kits for a bunch of coaches. Look Mike up and call him to talk also.
http://monacowatts.com
Old 01-10-2020, 08:17 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The dimensions don't make sense to me. I can understand the inside diameter of 7/8". That seems about right for the bolt that passes through it.
But the "3 inch, 4.5 inch, and 2.05 inch dimensions don't make sense (are those all "lengths", there three sizes available?) - and the outside diameter "reference 2 inch" seems a little small for a busing with a 7/8 hole in the middle of it.

I'll wait until you get a set and can measure.
Thanks
I carry an Atro M1000 and and old Monaco bushing with me in the coach to show people at our, Van and myself, RR Chassis seminars.

Here are the measurements:

Bolt hole .882"

Bushing Diameter 2.05"

Outer Poly casing length 2.660"

Bolt sleeve length 3.00"

The bushing has a slight taper at each end. The metal outer casing is shorter than the total length. Not an issue but just passing along information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1520.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	271877  
Old 01-10-2020, 06:11 PM   #14

I would echo Craig's recommendation on the bushing replacement. The only truly terrible bushings were two-piece solid polyurethane ones, and I don't think they used them after about 1998. Your coach almost surely has a bushing that is almost identical to the ATRO, but not as stiff.

My 2000 Dynasty still has its original later-design bushings that I'm sure you have. As much as I've had a great interest in eliminating wandering, after replacing all the bushings on three coaches, I decided NOT to replace mine. It's a helluva job!! The Watts link / cross braces will eliminate 95% of your wandering problem. You might gain another 5% by replacing the bushings.

Ali, you telling us about completing steps 1-5 and getting almost no improvement is what I've been preaching for years now. Shocks, alignment, tires, etc. are NOT the problem. The problem is that the sub-assemblies to which your front and rear axles are mounted are wobbling around under the coach as you drive. The wandering is a SUSPENSION system problem, not a STEERING system problem.

Good luck with your modifications!
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote