Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #1

Auto fill problems

The rocker switch that controls auto fill for fresh water tank will cause my water pump to run continuously without water going through pump. Also when I am connected to shore water I don't have sufficient water pressure without running the pump and water is being supplied from my fresh water tank and not directly from shore water supply???
jkrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What coach do you have? I`ve never heard of an auto fill switch, but there`s a lot of things I know nothing about -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #3

Bill - We have a 2008 42' monaco dynasty, the rocker switch I refer to is located in the service bay and according to Monaco is used to switch the coach to shore connection when switch is in the lower position and when in the top position it will automatically fill the fresh water tank. The problem is when in either position the tank is being filled by city water pressure and while in those positions I don't have any water pressure to the coach. I can only get water once the tank is filled and the switch is turned off and water pump switch is turned on. I'm sure this is not the way it's intended to operate but I have not been able to find anyone who has a clue to what the problem is.

Thanks for your response.

Doug B
Old 07-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I understand now what the switch does -- On our Camelot, & all the other coaches that I`ve had dealings with, has a handle that operates a valve to the desired position -- At times, when the water pressure is high, & I don`t have a pressure regulator connected, water will seep thru the valve, & fill the water tank -- Getting behind the panel in the wet bay to trouble shoot the problem, will be a real pain in the rear -- On our`s, I cut the panel out, & replaced it with a stainless steel panel, that I can take out by removing a few screws -- Good luck, & let us know your finding`s -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like your "deverter" valve is stuck or not being energized. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #6

Thanks for the help, it looks like its time to start digging, is the diverter valve an asco
solinoid valve thats located just above the pump.

Thank you Doug B
Old 07-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Might be follow the "pipes". deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco Auto-fill switch

We've a variety of issues surrounding the auto-fill valve on our 2009 Monaco Dynasty. Here's what I've learned over two years of chasing a solution:

1) The top position is the auto-fill. When in this position (and functioning), the tank sensors will "tell" the solenoid (your issue) to open up...and fill the tank. It is then supposed to shut off. When it shuts off, it will "time out" for 5 minutes to prevent short-cycling.
2) The Center position is when you are connected to City Water.
3) The bottom position is to manual fill the tank.
Whenever the red light is on, the electronics "say" the solenoid is open, and water should be flowing into the tank.

That's the theory. Here's what I discovered:
1) MAKE SURE your tank sensors are acting properly! The system relies on a "common" probe (2nd from the left on your water tank). If it is not sending properly, the auto fill will not work.
2) You'll become a pro at finding the solenoid behind your back bay sliding carpeted door. Pull the head off of the solenoid, and clean it of any rust looking junk. If the water seems to just want to flow in to the tank no matter what...OR if the water won't flow regardless of the switch position...the solenoid is stuck.
3) There is a LED indicator located inside the stainless door in the outside plumbing bay, just to the left of the module connector. It blinks...and it is saying:
a) 1 Blink = Module is in 5 minute delay after filling the tank
b) 2 Blinks = The tank is not full, and the module is attempting to open the solenoid to fill the tank
c) 3 Blinks = The tank is full, and the module is waiting for the water to drop.

If you fry that module, you're sunk. Monaco has no replacements. There are a few places that will rebuild the module one piece at a time...but $$$$$
Old 03-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Our we talking an auto fill for your fresh water tank ?
If so, sounds like one feature I'm glad our dip doesn't have

It IS so hard to turn our lil handle to tank fill or city water supply....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-01 016.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	121002  
Old 05-30-2021, 11:57 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
2009 Dynasty, brand new to me...Any advice?

The auto fill valve seems to be working, but when I disconnect the supply hose, water just runs out the end of the rv hose. Is there a check valve somewhere that is might be
shot?
kevkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
There is probably a check valve,

I have a manual fill and I just ordered on as mine was leaking when the pump was on not hooked to shore water.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15426979375...53.m2749.l2649

Mine was on the left side of the 3 way valve but who knows with your autofill system.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 04:44 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks!
kevkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:57 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkill View Post
2009 Dynasty, brand new to me...Any advice?

The auto fill valve seems to be working, but when I disconnect the supply hose, water just runs out the end of the rv hose. Is there a check valve somewhere that is might be
shot?
I’ve had the same issue. Mine just leaked very lightly from the end of my onboard fresh water hose. I just screwed on a good tight hose end stopper. This stopped the leak and the water pump from coming on.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:58 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaDurango View Post
We've a variety of issues surrounding the auto-fill valve on our 2009 Monaco Dynasty. Here's what I've learned over two years of chasing a solution:

1) The top position is the auto-fill. When in this position (and functioning), the tank sensors will "tell" the solenoid (your issue) to open up...and fill the tank. It is then supposed to shut off. When it shuts off, it will "time out" for 5 minutes to prevent short-cycling.
2) The Center position is when you are connected to City Water.
3) The bottom position is to manual fill the tank.
Whenever the red light is on, the electronics "say" the solenoid is open, and water should be flowing into the tank.

That's the theory. Here's what I discovered:
1) MAKE SURE your tank sensors are acting properly! The system relies on a "common" probe (2nd from the left on your water tank). If it is not sending properly, the auto fill will not work.
2) You'll become a pro at finding the solenoid behind your back bay sliding carpeted door. Pull the head off of the solenoid, and clean it of any rust looking junk. If the water seems to just want to flow in to the tank no matter what...OR if the water won't flow regardless of the switch position...the solenoid is stuck.
3) There is a LED indicator located inside the stainless door in the outside plumbing bay, just to the left of the module connector. It blinks...and it is saying:
a) 1 Blink = Module is in 5 minute delay after filling the tank
b) 2 Blinks = The tank is not full, and the module is attempting to open the solenoid to fill the tank
c) 3 Blinks = The tank is full, and the module is waiting for the water to drop.

If you fry that module, you're sunk. Monaco has no replacements. There are a few places that will rebuild the module one piece at a time...but $$$$$
Thanks. Very helpful