Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2017, 06:36 PM   #1

Angry AUTO Shades don't work....can't see!!

Our house batteries went out today. We replaced our batteries, but we still can't raise or lower our auto shades, therefore can't see to drive. 03 Monaco Sig. motorcoach. Is there a fuse/switch that we need to reset or replace? If it was just one window/shade I would think that one shade was broken, but NONE of them are working? Please, any suggestions would be great!! By the way, ALL of the shade worked great before the batteries died.
GBower is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #2

The wiring diagram for my 05 Dynasty calls for 7.5 amp fuse in slot 16 (cockpit shades) in the rear run bay if that helps.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #3

Does your lights etc inside the coach work ?
If they don't you could have a bad relay that feeds those inside things or
even a bad battery disconnect switch , mine are located in my rear pass
side elect bay .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Also check in the battery bay for a wire that got left off? Don't ask how I know? Rail!
Old 11-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
When we started the rv at the same time as powering the shade up and it lost the programming, we ended up rolling it upby hand as far as we could and then rolling it from the bottom and pinned it up so we could drive home...

IIRC, we used some large bag clips like this to hold it up:
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Cli...clips+for+bags

Since we are close to the MCD factory we made an appt and they tuned it up and fixed up some other blinds that needed repairs... great company - had 50 amp service, parking for 10 or so coaches, and charged me $60
Old 11-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
When we started the rv at the same time as powering the shade up and it lost the programming, we ended up rolling it upby hand as far as we could and then rolling it from the bottom and pinned it up so we could drive home...

IIRC, we used some large bag clips like this to hold it up:
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Cli...clips+for+bags

Since we are close to the MCD factory we made an appt and they tuned it up and fixed up some other blinds that needed repairs... great company - had 50 amp service, parking for 10 or so coaches, and charged me $60
The factory is the only one that can reprogram if programming is lost?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
No, there is a procedure that the owner can do, but I am 30 miles or so from the factory and had others that needed work...

this might help: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...er+front+shade

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...nt=firefox-b-1
Old 11-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #8

Quote:
No, there is a procedure that the owner can do, but I am 30 miles or so from the factory and had others that needed work...

this might help: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...er+front+shade

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...nt=firefox-b-1
Thanks for sharing

Happy Trails
Old 11-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Darn YOU !!!!

Went to get coach out of storage and guess what doesn't work ?!?

but it looks like it's not just the shade, most of my 12v isn't working - drove it home and will check in the morning
Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Darn YOU !!!!

Went to get the coach out of storage and guess what doesn't work ?!?

but it looks like it's not just the shade, most of my 12v isn't working - drove it home and will check in the morning
BTDT in my situation it was salesman solenoid. I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it works great.

I know that some dislike the salesman switch but I love my salesman switch and use it all the time as my coach sits in my detached garage at my home and I leave many things on ( mostly lighting ) and just hit the switch going in the door.

I think in my situation when it failed it was due to the fact that I would also in many cases in the summer I would leave the a/c units on also and that was too much load for the solenoid. Since the cleaning and lubricating and NOT shutting the a/c units on-off with the salesman switch things seem to be fine.

My solenoid was located in the pass rear power distribution box ( top)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rt Rear Power dist box salesman relay 1.0.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	183132

Happy Hunting
Old 11-18-2017, 05:51 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, will see if I can find mine