Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2022, 08:51 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Auto Start Gen Inverter Changeout

I just removed the Trace 2000W inverter/charger and replaced it with a 3000W Aims pure sign inverter/charger. My question is does anyone know what wires are what for the auto start low voltage for the Quiet Diesel 7500?

2003 HR Sceptor PBD (built on a Friday)

Click image for larger version

Name:	A082E57B-CE65-4F87-841E-CCE6127EB68F.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	377898
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Not 100% sure but I can tell you the color wires on the switch. The switches are all daisy chained. I have two remote switches, one on the front dash, one in the bedroom next to the bed. Also a switch on the inverter panel, and one on the generator.

The switch wires are

Brown >> Ground
Green >> Stop
Red >> Start
Blue >> Indicator Light, these wires were just wire nutted together in the inverter connection box to pass the signal through to the remote switches.

You might pull a switch and confirm if these wires are attached. You could also check to see if the blue wire is present on the "BIRD" if you have one, or the Intellitec EMS board if you have one. This how the EMS determines if the generator is running and the BIRD is for combining chassis and house batteries for charging.

But the low voltage start may be part of the inverter panel "brains". And then it sends the signal to start the generator.

You might check you old inverter display and confirm how it is wired.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I removed a Trace inverter and installed a Magnum.
Attached are my wiring notes. The color coding from the generator should help.
What brand AGS are you using?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Magnum AGS wiring notes.pdf (107.5 KB, 19 views)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post

I went with an AIMS. The AGS is built in and start voltage is set from the panel installed where the old RCG7 was.

https://theinverterstore.com/product/70336/
Old 10-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post

Thank you! Let me work on this and see what I can find out.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Not 100% sure but I can tell you the color wires on the switch. The switches are all daisy chained. I have two remote switches, one on the front dash, one in the bedroom next to the bed. Also a switch on the inverter panel, and one on the generator.

The switch wires are

Brown >> Ground
Green >> Stop
Red >> Start
Blue >> Indicator Light, these wires were just wire nutted together in the inverter connection box to pass the signal through to the remote switches.

You might pull a switch and confirm if these wires are attached. You could also check to see if the blue wire is present on the "BIRD" if you have one, or the Intellitec EMS board if you have one. This how the EMS determines if the generator is running and the BIRD is for combining chassis and house batteries for charging.

But the low voltage start may be part of the inverter panel "brains". And then it sends the signal to start the generator.

You might check you old inverter display and confirm how it is wired.

Turns out the one owner coach happened to be an electrical hack. I spent two days rewiring things under the dash. Working on a few other shall we say "opportunities" now. The Gen Start wasn't even hooked up so I don't know how it came from the factory.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:56 PM   #7

Well, the inverter/charger is working and all areas that should have power off the inverter are working.

Next problem. I lost all the 12v inside the coach. Used my Fluke and tested everywhere for power going up into the coach and I'm good with power up.

Can anyone tell me what this mess is?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8849.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	377948  
Old 10-04-2022, 08:44 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The house 12 volt power on my coach is controlled ON/OFF with the salesman switch at the front door. Turn the switch Off and not 12 volt power. I have a relay in my passenger side rear electrical bay that shuts the power off.

It is located near my house disconnect switch, I can follow the wires and ultimately it goes to the relay.

Do you have any wiring diagrams for your coach?
Old 10-04-2022, 09:40 PM   #9

Quote:
The house 12 volt power on my coach is controlled ON/OFF with the salesman switch at the front door. Turn the switch Off and not 12 volt power. I have a relay in my passenger side rear electrical bay that shuts the power off.

It is located near my house disconnect switch, I can follow the wires and ultimately it goes to the relay.

Do you have any wiring diagrams for your coach?
No diagrams that are readable.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:41 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The picture you posted last looks like my preheat panel for my engine. It does have a breaker on it that supplies power to the chassis side of the coach in the front distribution panel BUT has nothing to do with the house panel. The Windsor and Sceptor are very similar but I have a 2002 coach. I have lots on information so maybe we can get the problem solved.

You should joint Monacoers.org, they have a great parts list and extensive file section. Here is a download for a 2003 Sceptor

https://www.monacoers.org/files/file...eptor-windsor/

You coach is similar to mine, but every Monaco is different but here is a parts diagram showing my rear passenger side electrical bays. In the picture that has the house and chassis battery disconnects the Item #5 is the house solenoid that turns on the power to the 12 volt fuse panel in the bedroom on my coach. The solenoid is controlled by a switch next to the passenger side seat on the front. Very easy to hit by mistake, I've done it many times.

There is also a circuit breaker Item #7 that is in line to the front domestic distribution panel which is for anything powered in the front drivers side electrical bay designated as "House" in the fuse panel.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 Electrical Panel Passenger Sider 1.pdf (78.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf 1 Electrical Panel Passenger Side 2.pdf (98.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-06-2022, 10:59 AM   #11

Quote:
The picture you posted last looks like my preheat panel for my engine. It does have a breaker on it that supplies power to the chassis side of the coach in the front distribution panel BUT has nothing to do with the house panel. The Windsor and Sceptor are very similar but I have a 2002 coach. I have lots on information so maybe we can get the problem solved.

You should joint Monacoers.org, they have a great parts list and extensive file section. Here is a download for a 2003 Sceptor

https://www.monacoers.org/files/file...eptor-windsor/

You coach is similar to mine, but every Monaco is different but here is a parts diagram showing my rear passenger side electrical bays. In the picture that has the house and chassis battery disconnects the Item #5 is the house solenoid that turns on the power to the 12 volt fuse panel in the bedroom on my coach. The solenoid is controlled by a switch next to the passenger side seat on the front. Very easy to hit by mistake, I've done it many times.

There is also a circuit breaker Item #7 that is in line to the front domestic distribution panel which is for anything powered in the front drivers side electrical bay designated as "House" in the fuse panel.

Thank you for the information!
Old 10-06-2022, 02:03 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckenna View Post
I just removed the Trace 2000W inverter/charger and replaced it with a 3000W Aims pure sign inverter/charger. My question is does anyone know what wires are what for the auto start low voltage for the Quiet Diesel 7500?

2003 HR Sceptor PBD (built on a Friday)

Attachment 377898
Does this help?

Name:	ags.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	378080
Old 10-06-2022, 09:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamcneil View Post
Does this help?

Attachment 378080
He found the problem, bad battery ground. Who knows when it went bad, just showed up when the big ground cable on the trace inverter was no longer used.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamcneil View Post
Does this help?

Attachment 378080
Yes. That helps me get the auto Gen start configured.

Tags
inverter