RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #1

Autofill Switch Not Working

I am in need of the wiring diagram for the autofil switch. Mine has quit working. I think there are some intricacies to it, so not sure where power comes from, or how it determines whether it is to refill on demand or manually.

2008 Dynasty

Russ Click image for larger version

Name:	1587144805897.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	281924
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2020, 08:32 AM   #2

Arby49,

I’m having the same issue. The research I’ve conducted so far has led to the Autofill not activating if the Alladin system sensing the fresh water tank near full or full.

I started having issues with both the fresh and black tanks reading erroneously last RVing season. I ordered two new sensors and will install once the weather is warmer and the coach is dewinterized. Once this is accomplished and calibrated, I will test the Autofill for functionality.

I am not ruling out that the Solenoid Valve may be faulty as well.
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #3

If you open the door to get access to the rear of the back panel you will see the solenoid valve . Can you hear it click when youactivate the fill switch? You can undo the 4 machine screws on the valve and remove the diaphragm. There is a tiny hole in the diaphragm .

Sometimes a small grain of sand will plug that hole. If the solenoid does not work you have to buy the whole assembly. Way overpriced. There are Chinese equivalents .
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I changed the auto fill solenoid on our 07 Exec until I figured out the Aladdin system must be on and the fresh water tank sensor must not register a full tank.

Link to new Aladdin tank sensor (pressure transducer).
Aladdin Tank Sensor 16622728: nwrvsupply.com
Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #5

Vito. On our 08 Dynasty the Alladin is not connected to the Alladin. It has a seperate system by :systems monitor. But it does have some sort of sensor that turns off the auto fill when the tank is full.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Guys, I have the same wet bay configuration as that shown in the photo in the OP. Regarding the auto fill switch, can someone please tell me the difference between pressing the toggle switch up or down? My coach seems to fill the on onboard water tank no matter whether in the up position or the down position.
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:55 PM   #7

I have the same problem. However, somewhere along the way a previous owner replumbed the thing. Nothing resembles stock. Switch position, up is auto fill and down is for city water, I believe. To fill my tank there is a non stock valve that I have to turn, that fills the tank but cuts off all water to the coach. I hope later this year to tear into this mess and see if I can get it back to something close to stock. There should be a file on the electrical on the Mocacoers site.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:54 PM   #8

Mine also has a sensor that shuts it off. If I put the rocker switch on the down stroke, it will continue to fill to over flowing. My problem is it won't fill in either position. I need the electrical diagram so I can find where the power comes from and how to wire that switch correctly. I am not the best electrician so really need all the help I can get.

Russ
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch