Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
Bill, I sent you a private message yesterday.

irishguy
never got it. Try again.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2020, 10:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Bill, I sent you a private message yesterday.

irishguy
I had just asked you if you thought all Windsors had a small aux tank that is filled by the aux compressor. I have never seen a small tank under our Windsor. I've read on here that some aux compressors directly fill the airbags for leveling.
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The later model coaches (2006+) came with the Valid/ Powergear leveling system, which has it's own small air tank.
Older rigs with HWH air leveling, the aux compressor directly feeds the manifolds which supply the air to the bags.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:13 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I had just asked you if you thought all Windsors had a small aux tank that is filled by the aux compressor. I have never seen a small tank under our Windsor. I've read on here that some aux compressors directly fill the airbags for leveling.
I think bens' right. Our 06 has the Valid system with the small aux air tank. That tank will be fed from the engine compressor as well but check valves won't let it back feed to the main tanks.

I believe 05 windsors had the Firestone system. And before that the HWH. I think I read somewhere that the 05's didn't have the aux compressor (might be wrong about that though)

I don't know if your aux compressor is like mine or not. Pictures will help. I don't think mine has any type of blow off valve (on the compressor). I know the aux tank has one, however.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:43 PM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post

I believe 05 windsors had the Firestone system. And before that the HWH. I think I read somewhere that the 05's didn't have the aux compressor (might be wrong about that though)
Yep, you are right about that!

I was surprised to learn owners with that system had to start the engine to re-level their coach !
Old 05-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #20

Update With Pictures

I managed to get under the coach today by sliding out the generator as suggested by Windsorbill.

I found where the leak is coming from and took two pictures. By the schematic of the aux compressor I found online it looks to be leaking from the "filter assembly" at the "solenoid valve".

Does that look right to anyone?

It's leaking out the end of that nut end. It appears to have threads.

I'm thinking maybe that 12v solenoid is stuck in the open position or has no power to it to activate it. I haven't checked for power to it yet.

Any idea how to make the repair of this solenoid valve?

irishguy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	auxcompress1.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	285600   Click image for larger version

Name:	auxcompress2.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	285601  

Old 05-16-2020, 05:12 PM   #21

That’s the solenoid that blows the water out of the trap. The way mine works is is when power is applied to the pump the solenoid closes and stays closed while the air goes to the bags. When the pump stops it drops out and the trap is blown down. May be dirt and or corrosion in the seat or a sticking dirty plunger. Try taking it apart to clean it. The elec part is working if it cycles at all. Haveehad my pump completely apart. Found it easier to remove the complete unit and rebuild it on the bench using a car battery to test. Do not know what manufacture you have but I have a Thomas and have drawings on it
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:39 PM   #22

Kenwyatt,

Mine is a Thomas as well as it matches the drawings I found online.

Removing the compressor as a whole will be difficult.

Im wondering if I can snip the wires and just unscrew that solenoid from the filter to see if I can get it to operate?

Or what would be the problem with threading a bolt into that nut end on the solenoid and just plugging it?

irishguy
Old 05-16-2020, 06:23 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
That looks rusty. I would replace at least the solenoid. At least get it out of there and clean it up.

If you snip the wires and unscrew it, you're going to let out all the air, which will trigger the pressure switch and turn the pump on. You might want to disconnect the pump before you start, or find the fuse.

I wouldn't put a bolt in the end for more than just a temporary fix to hold you over.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:26 PM   #24

Bill,

Are those Thomas compressors pretty common? I'm up here in Canada.

I can easily cut off the pwr supply to the compressor and will try and get the valve off.

Looks like Acklands Grainger sells those Thomas compressors so maybe I can just replace the solenoid.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:30 PM   #25

Would not plug it as that would put a lot of water into the system and that would be harmful to the manifold blocks over time. If you can’t get it unwired properly then it could be done that way but be sure the relay that operates it is functioning and get the connection water proof when it is put together
Old 05-16-2020, 06:48 PM   #26

It's going to be difficult to access that compressor and solenoid for removal but will give it a try. I'll see if I can even get that solenoid off without removing the compressor.

I see a new Thomas compressor at Acklands Grainger is $1200. Ouch!

irishguy
Old 05-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #27

Foretravel Owners Club
No need to snip the.wires.. there should be spade connectors a little farther up the wires. If not then yes, you can snip them and reconnect using butt connectors. (using di-electric grease to keep the water corrosion out.
just pull the fuse(s) powering the system, unplug those wires, and spin out the unloader valve (solenoid) and replace.
I doubt that it is repairable.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #28

Is that in Canada dollars ? Way to much money. Have seen them for less then $350. There are other ones that are cheaper and I believe are better designed. Also if you get it out you can buy parts to rebuild

Tags
air, compressor