RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bryan Tx
Posts: 484
You need part #3 HWH part # RAP6354
Can send a PDF of this and the manifolds if needed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9A4227A4-739A-4598-8AAD-8E37D401CCEC.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	286222  
__________________

__________________
06 Beaver Patriot Thunder , 525 HP C13 Cat
MH 4000 Allison
42 ft Vicksburg, 4 slides
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
You need part #3 HWH part # RAP6354
Can send a PDF of this and the manifolds if needed
Great thanks!
I can work with that picture.
__________________

irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #73
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 56
Send a message via MSN to e4services
Start the engine
e4services is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4services View Post
Start the engine
Would prefer not to start the engine to maintain level. A working aux. compressor would be much better and the way the system is designed to work.
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #75
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 56
Send a message via MSN to e4services
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
Would prefer not to start the engine to maintain level. A working aux. compressor would be much better and the way the system is designed to work.
I am just saying. I just spent 4 months in AZ, in the Monaco Dynasty I am currently working on . My System is the same as yours, no jack, only air level. At first I had leaks, fittings in the leveling manifold and the Bleed ball valves at the front and rear of the coach. The way I found them was to pressurize the system, got under the rig with by pressure washer spraying high soap content water with the soap nozzle. The bubbles were obvious.
Now, after that, the coach stays level, but the system comes on periodically , as you know, and checks the level and sometimes adjusts. But it seems it normally dumps air to adjust...FOR after about two months I notice the extended stair had dropped down and was too low. So I had to start the engine, build pressure, set to Travel, let the rig 'stand up', then Auto Level again. Did it twice in 4 months.
Now I still have a slight level in the Aux Compressor system, somewhere, probably at the Aux tank. For the Compressor comes on 3-4 times a day due to low pressure. First I thought the Compressor was back flowing slightly, so I put a ball valve on the outlet, which proved that wrong, the compressor holds pressure. It is leaking down stream.
Just FYI
e4services is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4services View Post
I am just saying. I just spent 4 months in AZ, in the Monaco Dynasty I am currently working on . My System is the same as yours, no jack, only air level. At first I had leaks, fittings in the leveling manifold and the Bleed ball valves at the front and rear of the coach. The way I found them was to pressurize the system, got under the rig with by pressure washer spraying high soap content water with the soap nozzle. The bubbles were obvious.
Now, after that, the coach stays level, but the system comes on periodically , as you know, and checks the level and sometimes adjusts. But it seems it normally dumps air to adjust...FOR after about two months I notice the extended stair had dropped down and was too low. So I had to start the engine, build pressure, set to Travel, let the rig 'stand up', then Auto Level again. Did it twice in 4 months.
Now I still have a slight level in the Aux Compressor system, somewhere, probably at the Aux tank. For the Compressor comes on 3-4 times a day due to low pressure. First I thought the Compressor was back flowing slightly, so I put a ball valve on the outlet, which proved that wrong, the compressor holds pressure. It is leaking down stream.
Just FYI
Thank you for the info. I've been under there in the past with a soap spray bottle but couldn't find any leaks. It takes about three weeks for the front and rear air tanks to bleed down so must be a very slow leak. I agree the self leveling maintains by dumping air that's why it would be nice if I could get the aux compressor going. The staycation spot we're currently in is quite level but a little low to one side. I don't like the coach to be too far off level as it's my understanding that it's not good for a norcold fridge.
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,038
e4, since you have a aux air tank, it sounds like you have the Valid system, where Irishguy has HWH.
I assume you have soaped all the fittings on the aux tank and lines, pressure switch from the aux compressor.
I've had good success lately unscrewing the two small check valves at the aux tank, spraying a little lube oil in each, reinstalling, and filling / draining the tank a couple of times.
After doing this, my compressor stays off for a week or more at a time.

No guaranties, since there's plenty of places for these systems to leak, but it's working for me!

Also,,,, Other members of the forum have had success moving the one check valve to the outlet of the compressor, then the 'T' with one side going to the pressure switch, the other straight into the tank.
__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #78
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 6
Moral of the story. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
josemcalvo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemcalvo12 View Post
Moral of the story. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
What makes you think that?

The electric compressor waking you up at 3AM, isn't a lot of fun!
__________________

__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
air, compressor



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aux Compressor for air leveling... Topman Monaco Owner's Forum 28 09-10-2017 09:23 AM
Aux Air Compressor - Control when it comes on tophog Monaco Owner's Forum 6 04-19-2017 11:00 AM
HWH aux air compressor problem curtismb Monaco Owner's Forum 9 09-05-2015 09:48 AM
Aux air compressor location - 06 HR Imperial curtismb Monaco Owner's Forum 23 11-14-2014 11:07 AM
Aux air compressor jtpump6 Monaco Owner's Forum 3 10-31-2014 01:15 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×