RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #71

You need part #3 HWH part # RAP6354
Can send a PDF of this and the manifolds if needed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9A4227A4-739A-4598-8AAD-8E37D401CCEC.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	286222  

kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
You need part #3 HWH part # RAP6354
Can send a PDF of this and the manifolds if needed
Great thanks!
I can work with that picture.

irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #73

Send a message via MSN to e4services
Start the engine
e4services is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4services View Post
Start the engine
Would prefer not to start the engine to maintain level. A working aux. compressor would be much better and the way the system is designed to work.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #75

Send a message via MSN to e4services
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
Would prefer not to start the engine to maintain level. A working aux. compressor would be much better and the way the system is designed to work.
I am just saying. I just spent 4 months in AZ, in the Monaco Dynasty I am currently working on . My System is the same as yours, no jack, only air level. At first I had leaks, fittings in the leveling manifold and the Bleed ball valves at the front and rear of the coach. The way I found them was to pressurize the system, got under the rig with by pressure washer spraying high soap content water with the soap nozzle. The bubbles were obvious.
Now, after that, the coach stays level, but the system comes on periodically , as you know, and checks the level and sometimes adjusts. But it seems it normally dumps air to adjust...FOR after about two months I notice the extended stair had dropped down and was too low. So I had to start the engine, build pressure, set to Travel, let the rig 'stand up', then Auto Level again. Did it twice in 4 months.
Now I still have a slight level in the Aux Compressor system, somewhere, probably at the Aux tank. For the Compressor comes on 3-4 times a day due to low pressure. First I thought the Compressor was back flowing slightly, so I put a ball valve on the outlet, which proved that wrong, the compressor holds pressure. It is leaking down stream.
Just FYI
e4services is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4services View Post
I am just saying. I just spent 4 months in AZ, in the Monaco Dynasty I am currently working on . My System is the same as yours, no jack, only air level. At first I had leaks, fittings in the leveling manifold and the Bleed ball valves at the front and rear of the coach. The way I found them was to pressurize the system, got under the rig with by pressure washer spraying high soap content water with the soap nozzle. The bubbles were obvious.
Now, after that, the coach stays level, but the system comes on periodically , as you know, and checks the level and sometimes adjusts. But it seems it normally dumps air to adjust...FOR after about two months I notice the extended stair had dropped down and was too low. So I had to start the engine, build pressure, set to Travel, let the rig 'stand up', then Auto Level again. Did it twice in 4 months.
Now I still have a slight level in the Aux Compressor system, somewhere, probably at the Aux tank. For the Compressor comes on 3-4 times a day due to low pressure. First I thought the Compressor was back flowing slightly, so I put a ball valve on the outlet, which proved that wrong, the compressor holds pressure. It is leaking down stream.
Just FYI
Thank you for the info. I've been under there in the past with a soap spray bottle but couldn't find any leaks. It takes about three weeks for the front and rear air tanks to bleed down so must be a very slow leak. I agree the self leveling maintains by dumping air that's why it would be nice if I could get the aux compressor going. The staycation spot we're currently in is quite level but a little low to one side. I don't like the coach to be too far off level as it's my understanding that it's not good for a norcold fridge.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #77

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
e4, since you have a aux air tank, it sounds like you have the Valid system, where Irishguy has HWH.
I assume you have soaped all the fittings on the aux tank and lines, pressure switch from the aux compressor.
I've had good success lately unscrewing the two small check valves at the aux tank, spraying a little lube oil in each, reinstalling, and filling / draining the tank a couple of times.
After doing this, my compressor stays off for a week or more at a time.

No guaranties, since there's plenty of places for these systems to leak, but it's working for me!

Also,,,, Other members of the forum have had success moving the one check valve to the outlet of the compressor, then the 'T' with one side going to the pressure switch, the other straight into the tank.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #78

Moral of the story. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
josemcalvo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #79

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemcalvo12 View Post
Moral of the story. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
What makes you think that?

The electric compressor waking you up at 3AM, isn't a lot of fun!

Tags
air, compressor