Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I think we're talking about two very different systems.
If the older coaches (probably HWH leveling), aux compressors add air to the main chassis air tanks, the air would have to be dry (for the brake system).
On our Valid systems, the aux compressor fills it's own small tank, which only feeds the air bags.
what your saying makes sense but are you saying that little aux compressor is able to fill up entire air system if the main engine compressor is not functioning?

If I asked mine to do that, I'm sure I'd have molten slag under my coach where that little pump use to sit. (I have the valid system)
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2017, 05:48 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is identical to Topman's. Anyone know how to make it come on?
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:32 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
HWH Air Leveling

On my 04 Sig I can pump the brakes till the air pressure is below 60lbs. then turn on the Air Leveling, then push any raise button and hold. Have someone listen with ear near compressor. I can barely hear mine with my head right near the rear wheel well next to the tire where I can see the compressor.

HWH airlevel troubleshooting.pdf

HWH Leveling Manual For 2000 Series.pdf

Good luck
Dave
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post

If I asked mine to do that, I'm sure I'd have molten slag under my coach where that little pump use to sit. (I have the valid system)
!!

Not totally sure Bill. I've read some on here with the HWH system say it tops up the tanks, others claim the compressor goes strait to the bags, with no tank at all.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Mine goes straight to the air bags....

Dave
Old 08-29-2017, 07:10 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Dave for the info and documents. I will try it today when I pull out the Coach for trip prep.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:26 AM   #21

I have a 05 navigator with air leaving. Never heard the pump run and coach slowly leaks down when using. Where is pump located?
Showman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:59 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
On my 04 Sig it is located right in front of the drive axle, I can see it through the wheel well. Others have said it is up front just behind the front cap on the pass side.

Snowman, it sounds like yours is not working now...... Mine will stay level for months while plugged in.....

Dave
Old 08-30-2017, 10:37 AM   #23

My OEM compressor worked but the unit is small and very expensive to replace.
On the 02' Sig, it was setup as an "aux" unit to maintain bag pressure after the auto level was activated.
It seems that some systems just plumb them into the main tank, which would take forever to add air; especially if the system is below air min.
I replaced the OEM unit with a 200psi cont duty Vaiair compressor. It fit right in and pumps far more air all day long.
Daytonaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #24

I also put in the VIA AIR 450P... works great

2016 Newmar London Aire
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the HWH air leveling system on my 2003 Camelot. In my case, there is a check valve that prevents the compressor from filling the tanks.

As for how to test the system, here is how I have done it. Automatically level with the slideouts out. Bleed the tanks down with repeated brake applications. Slide one of the slideouts in. The shift in weight will cause the coach to go out of level. The automatic leveling will wake up and re-level with the compressor. Theoretically, the controller only wakes up every 30 minutes but when I did it, it seemed to re-level right away.
Skidaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidaver View Post
I have the HWH air leveling system on my 2003 Camelot. In my case, there is a check valve that prevents the compressor from filling the tanks.

As for how to test the system, here is how I have done it. Automatically level with the slideouts out. Bleed the tanks down with repeated brake applications. Slide one of the slideouts in. The shift in weight will cause the coach to go out of level. The automatic leveling will wake up and re-level with the compressor. Theoretically, the controller only wakes up every 30 minutes but when I did it, it seemed to re-level right away.

I'm assuming your are meaning the little compressor? So take tanks down to below 90 or 60 psi?
Old 09-01-2017, 06:30 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
I'm assuming your are meaning the little compressor? So take tanks down to below 90 or 60 psi?
Yes, the small electric compressor. Mine is behind the front axle. It's not loud but I can hear it from the front of the coach.

I'm not sure but you may have to take the tanks down to about 30 psi because as long as there is enough air in the tanks to level, it will use that air first. I believe there is a lower limit before the leveling controller starts the pump because I don't think you want the tanks to go to zero. I haven't studied this system but I have watched the service tech's at HWH work on my coach twice and I did ask quite a few questions.
Skidaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #28

2005 Windsor, does this coach have a separate compressor for the levelers? other then the one that runs with the engine, if so where is it located?
mydogmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, compressor, leveling