RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #1

AV Equipment Shelf

I am fed up with my av equip stuffed into the small space above the driver in a Diplomat 40 PD.

Some time ago someone posted pictures of a really nice shelf he built under the existing cabinet for the VCR etc but I can't seem to locate that post. Can someone direct me to it?

I need the pictures to show a cabinet maker what I need. The only thing I can properly do with wood is burn it.

Thanks,

RB

arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
RB,

Don't know if you are referring to shelves I built for our past MH - 2007 Endeavor, same as Diplomat. I will try to dig them up and send to you.

Lew

Old 04-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
RB,

Is this the installation you are referring to? This is what I put on our 2007 Endeavor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	20043

If so then I can discuss what it did.

Lew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	20042  
Old 04-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #4

Thanks Lew. That's exactly what I needed. Just the pictures so I can give a guy an idea what I have in mind.

This is a big help.

RB
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RB,
Wondering what year is your rig?...and does it have a tube (analog) TV? My point is that when I pulled-out my Sony tube TV, the new Vizio (with its different shape) left about 5" of usable space beneath it. So I moved my DirecTV receiver to that new "shelf" location. And to the left of the DTV receiver is my Tivo-DVR (which I use at home when the RV is in storage). Just FYI.
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #6

Robi,

It's a 07 Diplomat 40 PDQ with a digital Sharp TV. Now I have another problem. While dealing with the mess of wires while changing the Sat receiver I must have shorted something or pulled some wires loose because now I have no power to radio amp and dome switch. Do you supposed they could both be on the same fuse. I can't find the fuse. The one marked in my manual for amp is marked as spare on the fuse panel cover and no fuse in it.

What a mess I have created!

RB
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There is a 12 volt circuit in the box you were playing with for the Video Switch. Do you still have power for the video switch antenna amp? If not on my 06 Endeavor it is fuse F-55. Just a couple of other ideas for getting more room in that compartment. First you could relocate the Sat Receiver to the compartment to the right of the TV. That compartment has an outlet in it and there is a covered up hole in the back that would let you run wires between the two compartments. You can extend the coax without much trouble.
Another approach if you have it is to replace the RCA VHS Disk player. If you don't need VHS there are many home theater units that are much smaller and work great. I replaced mine with a Philips unit only about 1.5" high.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
A couple of pics below in Logthumpers phots. Look in Makeing it ours.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RB, sorry but I just don't have any input on your lack of DC. Did you find it (the fuse or failed connection) yet?
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #10

itdave

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You hit it right on the head. Fuse #55. "Battery Boost Switch" would have been the last one I would have suspected. It was a real bit%$# to get to. Monaco could save hundreds of $ per coach if they would use a few hundred less miles of expensive coper wires all bundled up restricting access. I can't believe a little 5 amp fuse was on the circuit for the ant boost, sat dome switch, radio amp, 2 dash 12volt outlets and who knows what else. Must have gone to some relay somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I have a cabinet maker guy coming tomorrow to see about the shelf. This is something I have wanted to do for the past 5 years and now I am commited.

RB