Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #1

Awning fuse location (little help please)

07 Beaver Marquis I assume that there is a fuze for each awning motor. The awning over entry door is not working. I check all the locations I know of but never found one labeled "awning". Anyone know where they are located? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

safe travels all and good health
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #2

I'd start by checking for power on the backside of switch.....might not be a fuse....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:16 PM   #3

Try the passenger armrest for the fuse. Or maybe behind the tv. Neither makes sense. But who knows.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:46 PM   #4

Awning fuse location (little help please)

We have an 08 Marquis. All the relay panels and fuses for all the outside stuff...lights and awnings etc. ...are located on the front ceiling behind the upper clearance lights. We raise the TV up.....that 7 ft wide 7 inch tall decorative molding is “removable”. It is held in place by Velcro strips on the ends. There are two black sway straps that keep it from falling completely to the floor. I had no idea it was there. We met up with the original owner and he showed many things we did not know about. This was one item....Yahtzee!!!
megehrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:42 AM   #5

awning

Thank you so much for advise on location of the removable panel above the TV. I would have never found it. Very helpful and much appreciated.

Good health and safe travels
Old 04-06-2020, 11:53 PM   #6

Did you find the relays behind your TV?
Old 04-07-2020, 08:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My door awning stopped functioning a year ago. I too have looked everywhere for a fuse, without success.

I don’t have a front TV.

My passenger armrest has no switches for the awning, so I wouldn’t expect a fuse there. I’ve looked in there due to my steps also failing to operate, and found a blown fuse for the step switch. Nothing related to the awning though.

I’ve given up and intend to find a competent RV tech to fix it, but I really hate doing that.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
My door awning stopped functioning a year ago. I too have looked everywhere for a fuse, without success.

I don’t have a front TV.

My passenger armrest has no switches for the awning, so I wouldn’t expect a fuse there. I’ve looked in there due to my steps also failing to operate, and found a blown fuse for the step switch. Nothing related to the awning though.

I’ve given up and intend to find a competent RV tech to fix it, but I really hate doing that.
If you're a DIY type, you can take a couple jumper wires and bypass the switch to check the awning motor.....if it moves out, then just switch the jumpers and the awning will close....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:34 AM   #9

awning

You were exactly right. I removed the panel and two fuze blocks were there. I replaced fuze and she works. I never would have found it. Thank you so much for taking time to reply to my post. Very much appreciated.

Stay healthy and safe travels
Old 04-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
You were exactly right. I removed the panel and two fuze blocks were there. I replaced fuze and she works. I never would have found it. Thank you so much for taking time to reply to my post. Very much appreciated.

Stay healthy and safe travels

Let me know if you have any other issues you need help with. We have sister rigs. Much of mine is the same thing you have. May be able to help if you have issues. Original owner of mine was a big help to me. If you do an FMCA rally, find Rhett Porter and thank him. He was the original owner. He is the VP of the FMCA.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:07 AM   #11

Thank you so much for invite to help. Very kind of you.
Happy Easter to you and family.

Tags
awning, cat