Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Angry Backup Camera not Working

First My camera a Sony SSM-621AM was working great then coming up a long grade I blew my transmission, tow truck while hauling to shop blew right rear outside tire tore up wheel well as he just kept on.
After transmission repair noticed no back up camera, monitor turns on when I place transmission in reverse so I suspect wiring tore up when tire blew, I have been under but can not find any disturbed wiring in sight, any one have any ideas. Or possibly instruction or wiring diagram. thanks.
0ldfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My guess is a bad fuse or wire damage you did not see. For real info....go to RV Cams: Backup Camera Systems (All). They have Sony units and parts. Tim is the one to talk to. I bought from him and was very pleased. If need be, send him your unit and he will diagnose for free.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #3

Camera not working

What year and model is your coach? Where is the monitor mounted, up high under front cabinets or down low in the dash? Either way in most models the cable from the monitor to the camera is usually ran up the "A" pillar and back in the roof or upper sidewall area. If you think about it the camera is up high and if the monitor is up high the most direct route is to keep the cable up high also. I don't think you have a fuse issue for two reasons, 1 you say is comes ON in reverse and 2 the camera is fused through/by the monitor so if the monitor comes on the fuse is good that also powers the camera. You might be able to plug the camera directly into the monitor. This will tell you if it is the camera that has the issue or confirm it is the cable. It may be a pain to remove the camera and a pain to get to the back of the monitor but if you can the male plug on the camera will plug into the female on the back of the monitor. You are simply taking the cable out of the loop. Also your monitor most likely has 2 or 3 inputs so try plugging it into #2 or #3 just be sure to select 2 or 3 on your monitor camera select button. If the camera does work doing this then it is your cable and you can choose to continue looking for the bad spot or run a new cable. If the camera does not work doing this then it is most likely a camera issue.
Good luck.
Jetboyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:43 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
back up camera not working

1992 holiday rambler 1000 monitor on dash will try to takr down camera and check thanks for clues.
0ldfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:22 AM   #5

I would first follow Scooter's advice and call RV Cams. A phone call is quick and virtually free. They are good. Tim is good. Their number is (225) 261-9946.

On our '06 Dynasty, the connector at the monitor and the connector at the camera were NOT the same. I wound up with a camera change with a new one from RV Cams, and they provided all the info to put a new connector on both ends of the cable to use the existing monitor and cable with the new cam. Love the new one! Far better than the original.

An owners manual that Tim might be able to lead you to, would be a great troubleshooting aid. Good luck to you!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera