Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #15

The 8D Battery is for the chassis, at least in my Dynasty. According to my manual some of the other models use 2 12v for the Chassis. The 8D is very heavy and awkward particularly the leaning over lift part. I look for my sons, neighbors, mailmen anyone around to grab one of the handles and help lift.
As for the 10 years, I have NEVER experienced that kind of longevity. I figure that that I will notice a problem before I get stranded and I will be able to get replacements. Each time we travel I check out the Batteries sold in Sams I thought I was fine since I saw Sams was selling Interstate last year. This year I found out they were no longer selling them.
When we bought this MH we ended up at Walmart the first night. In the morning the house power was low enough to dim the interior lights. I checked the Batteries for tight connections etc and discovered the water level low enough to expose the cell grids. The Batteries took 7 gallons plus of distilled water to bring them to level. I thought the Batteries were Toast, that was 3 years ago they have worked perfectly since. When I checked the build date and discovered they were the Originals I was even more amazed.
Thanks for the comments. I still would like to hear more about the Duracell at Sams and availability of Interstates at Costco.
Robert
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Time View Post
After reading this thread I looked at Duracell batteries at Sams yesterday. They had a pallet of 6 volt golf cart batteries sitting along the wall that had a shipping tag on them dated 10/2010. Check the manufacture date before purchasing one. I was really surprised at this because of their volume.
I'm a Costco member but not Sam's . . . Costco (in my area) doesn't carry golf cart batteries so when I needed some I had to use Sam's and pay the "non-member" fee. While looking around, I noticed that they had 2 pallets of them, one over a year old and one very new . . . I asked for the new ones, no problem!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #17

At my local Sam's Club the batteries they are stocking are simular to the
Interstate U-2000 which has a lower rating than the U-2200 you have. It all depends how how you camp and the need for battery power.

Insterstate now has a U-2400 but hard to find and costly. I have used NAPA batteries in the past which I beleive are really Excide.Good ratings and reserve power that is a little better than the U-2200.

I just recently purchsed 4 U-2200 and I am very pleased.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #18

Hi Robert, If you don't mind where did you purchase the U2200 Interstates and how much did you pay?
thanks,Robert
Old 11-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #19

My Sam's had a couple of 31 batteries that had a 4-09 date. that was a month ago. look at the red date tags. I won't but a battery that is over three months old.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #20

Thanks!
Robert T, I was not able to respond to your E-Mail.
I still wonder if Costco is selling Interstates. I also am curious about any experiences with the Duracell line.
Robert

Tags
batteries