RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
JDT

Battery Changeout Question

The travel season will end for us next month and begins again in March. Been thinking about my batteries that I want to replace next spring as they are 7 years old this month. Now that we have the Samsung fridge up and running I want fresh batteries to start next season. Once we make our last trip of the year next month I'm thinking about removing them as I see no need to maintain them any longer.

Is there a downside to removing the 4 house batteries and 2 starting batteries while the coach is stored for the winter? I have always kept it hooked to my 50 amp service in its garage but I would not think that would be necessary or advisable without batteries.

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Well you won't be able to exercise the gen or the engine or anything at all while the batteries are completely out. You'd also not be able to move the MH in an emergency. Other than that won't hurt anything.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
JDT

Makes me feel a little stupid as I hadn't given any thought to starting the generator or motor, if needed. Looks like not such a good idea just so I could save a few bucks on the electric bill. Think I will leave them in.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I believe those that park their rigs in storage lots often pull their batteries, so it's a common thing to do, but since you mentioned it being in your garage through the winter, I figured you weren't one to normally do that.

Tags
battery