RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #1

Battery Disconnect??? Auto Disconnecting???

Okay.... here we go, new motorhome (7 months old), and now no warrantable manufacturer. Arghh... I have and 08 DIP PDQ and our battery disconnect randonly flips to a disconnect state on it's own and is getting worse. I've flipped it maybe 6 times today. Any idea on where to start troubleshooting? Where can I purchase a new switch from an OEM without waiting on getting a replacement from the dealer... as they closed their local service center too?

What's weird is that all the 12 volt overhead lights, water pump, heatpump, and energy monitor panel, all go out, and the AGS says lost com, but the stuff on the inverter keeps running.

Frustrating, but I know there's people out there to point me in the right direction.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Arghh... I have and 08 DIP PDQ and our battery disconnect randonly flips to a disconnect state on it's own and is getting worse. I've flipped it maybe 6 times today. Any idea on where to start troubleshooting? Where can I purchase a new switch from an OEM
By reading this I am getting the feeling that you are talking about the switch by the entry door, not the battery disconnect switch in the battery compartment.
You need to look at this old post by Kevin (Dignbubbs)http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24884

SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi I HAD the same problem and it is the realy in the fuse box on the outside by the driver on the bottom left of the box with the big red cable and a small computer chip all you have to do is by pass the realy this is what monaco got me to do after replacing it twice, they said all will happen you will not be able use inside switch to cut power. I have 2008 HR

2008 Endeavor
Marcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
Hi I HAD the same problem and it is the realy in the fuse box on the outside by the driver on the bottom left of the box with the big red cable and a small computer chip all you have to do is by pass the realy this is what monaco got me to do after replacing it twice, they said all will happen you will not be able use inside switch to cut power. I have 2008 HR
Just so I get hassled some more, here are a couple of pics First is the solenoid in the normal position and configuration - Copied from referenced post

And with the solenoid bypassed -
Old 03-16-2009, 04:29 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
Just so I get hassled some more, here are a couple of pics First is the solenoid in the normal position and configuration - Copied from referenced post

And with the solenoid bypassed -
No hassle from me Jim, we did the same exact thing the first time we were left in the dark by that dumb salesman switch.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #6

I'll try this bypass tonight...

We were at a Motorcross race with my son this past weekend... needless to say, it was a little muddy there this weekend. So, we left the motohome there until the ground dries enought to get it out without getting stuck. My wife decided to stay with the MH. Obviously was a bad choice as she called me last night to tell me the switch isn't working at all. No heat, and no lights, but has TV... I told her to try the switch a couple more times and if it didn't work, I would come get her. Never heared back from her again until 6:00 this AM. It's 42 degrees in the MH and she's tries the switch all night. Had her get out a space heater out of the bay to keep her warn until I can get there this afternoon.

Also had my Home Theater system crap out this weekend due to a leak somewhere in the roof. Water is dripping into it from the satellite wires above. Need to get some sealant.

Gawd, I just love having a new MH without a warranty... arrrgghhh!

If it weren't for folks like you, I think I would would go CRAZY... Thanks again for the help!!!

We'll still have to leave the MH for a couple of days to let it dry out some.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most likely it is a wiring fault in the harness.. Or a defective switch.. There really are only a couple of different systems and both are easy to fix. You can bypass the solenoid as the other poster suggested or you can try to fix the problem. I've done both in the past.. But it would help if I knew what kind of battery disconnect you have

OH, and even if the coach manufacturer is out of business... The Disconnect may well be covered by a DIFFERENT company (WHo may also have ceased operations as it happens but that's another story)

Generally the coach maker does the body, inside and out, but the furinshings, the appliances, the chassis and engine, battery systems and such are all 3rd party and you may still be able to obtain warranty service
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #8

I bypassed the solenoid as shown by connecting all three red wires as in the pics above. All items worked except that the AGS control does not work. Is this the computer chip that controls that? I noted that in your pics the chip is gone. Did you wire those together as well? If so, which wires? One is soldered to the chip?

I'll work with it more once I get it back home... it's still sitting in the middle of a mud field and was etting dark. Brought the wife home and ensured her she didn't need to babysit the MH.... It's locked up, and the facility is fenced and locked as well too!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #9

The solenoid gizmo is probably supplied by
http://www.intellitec.com/ as they supply many similar devices for the Monaco coach lines. Go to Products page & snoop around, maybe under Battery Products
Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.kibenterprises.com/pdlr9806.html#tabs

It is made by KIB and mine has died before and the solution was the same as Nodine. It is a piece of junk.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
KIB Support Info

Here is the KIB support info. I would probably order an extra one.

We offer free technical support from:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)
Monday through Friday
Just call 1-800-250-7051 or e-mail us at
service@kibenterprises.com
We also make wiring diagrams available here.
Ordering replacement parts is easy. (See our service and repair policy for details).
  • Just view our current price list online.
  • Download and print an order form.
  • Or call 1-800-250-7051 and our service team will take care of you.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I had that relay fail in my Endevour. I by-passed it by connecting the 3 cables and everything seemed fine until I tried to start the engine. I discovered that replacing the relay restored everything to working order. I still don't understand why but I don't have a wiring schematic to trace it out. Monaco sent me an replacement relay after I put a better one in. New one has the small circuit board attached to the relay control input.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #13

So does anyone have any idea as to why the AGS doesn't work wth this solenoid bypassed? I wouldn't thank that they had anything to do with each other????

When I go to the AGS control Panel, it does not allow me to turn it on any longer. Confused!#$@$@$

Also, Any idea ona source to replace Monoca switches... I already have three or four that the lights have died

Water Pump - on the panel
Front Generator Start button - indicator to show it's on died
Battery Disconnect Switch - in case I get a new solenoid
One other one I can't remember off hand

08 Dip 40 PDQ