RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #1

Bay Doors

So the battery is dead in the remote. No spare battery or it is stored in the bay or what ever.. How do you get into the bay doors if they are locked. There must be a way do do this. Any help? 02 Holiday Rambler Imperial

Joe and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have a keypad outside? If so go through your lock sequence and press the last button, normally a 9, twice.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #3

That was a nice try but it didn't work. I am thinking there should be a switch someplace but in 5 years I haven't found it yet
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry about that... on my 03 Dynasty it is the keypad code plus 9 for the last code.. once opens the door, twice opens the cargo doors.

If all else fails, find the fuse that powers the locks on the cargo doors and run a 12vdc jumper across to it for a second which should simulate a switch or the remote relay.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #5

Joe and Pam, If I read your OP correct you said your battery in the "remote" was dead. If that is the case you can get a replacement battery at most auto parts stores. If it is the coach batteries (they power my auto lock) that are dead, start your gen set up, and let them charge for a few. Hope this helps you out.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
You should have a key that opens the doors manually. At least I do. Thats why there is a key hole in the handle.
Cheers
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #7

Ok no key hole in the handle. I did replace the remote battery and it works fine, but at the time I was in a storage yard and no access to a store or market. I needed to get something out of the bay and could not get in. Thanks for all the ideas. Still trying to figure it out. Maybe I will call Monaco and see what they say
Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #8

DC Cruiser I owe you one. We have lived in this thing for almost 6 years and I guess I never have really looked at the bay latch's. There is a key slot and the key for the door does open the bay doors. Thanks again. Joe
Old 10-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
No problems. Glad I could help. Its amazing how sometimes we don't notice the little things and overlook the obvious when in a crunch.

CHEERS
Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
This is funny. I have never opened the door or bay doors with the keys only used the remote or keypad. Guess I should check to see if I have the right keys after 7 yrs huh? I did replace the 12v battery in the remote once due to waning range of operation.
Ron
Old 10-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
On our coach not all the bay doors can be electrically operated. Of course the door covering the propane tank is not lockable, but in addition the doors over our battery compartment and our compartment that contains the battery disconnect switches and other high current relays and circuits, must be locked and unlocked with a key. They do not operate with the bay door electrical remote circuits. I wonder if those who are only using the remote are really locking all bay doors? We also at times only want to get into one bay, we have bay doors on each side that cover the fuel tank (there is also a small door that covers the tank fill nozzle) and I store the gloves I wear when I fuel inside the driver side door. When I refuel I only want to open this door and get my gloves so I put a bay door key on the ring with our ignition key. I use it to open just one door at this time. Just some thoughts which may or may not be applicable or helpful.

Lew