Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2021, 01:02 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Bay Heater Question

I turned my Aqua Hot electric element on so the heater in the wet bay will heat. But have a question. Do I need to turn on the thermostat in the coach to make it work? I'm thinking because it has a snap disk to operated heater in wet bay that thermostat inside the coach doesn't need to be turned on. Let me know.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2021, 06:03 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Reason would suggest that if the heater is not needed and therefor not on inside the coach, there would be no need for a heated bay, but I've been rong before!
Old 11-24-2021, 08:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Not familiar with Beaver setup, But, on the older Monaco's, the Bay heater was/is operated by a switch in the hallway inside the Coach. Based on the RV manual, it says the Bay heater will operate when temp drops below about 40 degrees in Bay. I forget the range the snap disk operates in. Mine is a 12 volt heater and the manual further states that the MH should be plugged into shore power to ensure batteries do not die. FWIW. Hope this helps.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #4

Heater bay

I have been looking over this myself wondering if the heats on in unit is the bay heated , just been busy at work .
I ordered a Extreme heater , last week for bay just to make sure we use them in boats , they have a low thermostat that only puts them on at freezing
So you can’t forget if you have shore power ..

Love to hear is someone knows if bay heated ..
Sspdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:10 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not familiar with AquaHot but what does that have to do with the bay heater?

Our Windsor has a switch inside labeled "System Heat". It has to be on for the bay heater to work. A thermal switch in the wet bay turns the heater on and off as needed.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:26 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kketterling View Post
I turned my Aqua Hot electric element on so the heater in the wet bay will heat. But have a question. Do I need to turn on the thermostat in the coach to make it work? I'm thinking because it has a snap disk to operated heater in wet bay that thermostat inside the coach doesn't need to be turned on. Let me know.
Sorry, can't help.

Mine came without the optional wet bay AH heat exchanger. Wish it did!
Old 11-26-2021, 04:49 PM   #7

thanks

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't hit my switch to activate the bay heater. Mine works even when the furnace is not activated. Different operating systems. Let the snap disc do it's thing. Getting cold up here in Ohio.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #8

Looked closer today mine has the bay heater called cargo heater .. switch is in the panel that controls slide and test for levels marked system heat . They had the heater unplugged , I plugged it back in ..lights on in system heat no heat
I saw a old post on hear about heaters ,, I will troubleshoot it in the am .
Sunday fun
There was a super picture with plate off on a old post ..can see tanks .
It would just make sense to have furnace heat that area ..

Thanks ..
Sspdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:18 AM   #9

Every Monaco product is different. Our 08 Dynasty has an Aqua Hot and a bay heater. The heater is not electric. It runs off the AH. On the Dynasty it is located in the same bay as the AH. This is the last bay on the PS. There is a large plastic panel with the panel for the AH. Look closely and you might see a n industrial thermostat with a long capillary tube that must be the sensor for the stat. This bay contains not only the AH but the water tank. It is a long bay and on the DS it has all the dump valves, pump, etc.. On my unit even with the stat on high it has to be almost freezing before it kicks in. An electric heater would require shore power or the genset. Hope this helps.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:00 AM   #10

This is what the factory manual shows for Bay Heater in " MY " coach as listed in my signature.

( double click to enlarge )

Click image for larger version

Name:	bay heater.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	349988

Happy Trails
Old 11-28-2021, 10:22 AM   #11

Rob that is almost identical to the one in my Dynasty.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:15 PM   #12

Looks like mine as well. I'll have to test my heater and thermo I haven't got around to it. It's better than a hidden click switch on harness somewhere. But from industrial experience neither last forever. The ones like it on Fantastic fans were dead and fail to open position and disabled the fans. The heater itself was kind of hard to spot above AH. I had MH for a while before I did find it.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:04 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 03 Windsor with bay heater. Where is your system heat switch located please.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:18 AM   #14

Our ‘06 Monterey and many similar Beavers have a simple thermostat in the same bay (waste tank/water bay) as the bay heat exchanger. It’s set at about 40F and isn’t adjustable. As long as the hydronics unit is turned ON, whether diesel burner, electric, or both, that little button thermostat will kick on its exchanger. The living area thermostats are not involved and do not need to be on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BE5612E1-35CD-42F0-B1C2-F70D338195EF.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	350248  

Tags
heat, heater