Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Bay heater thermal switch

The wall-mounted thermal switch for the 12VDC heater in the wet bay is bad. Monaco parts wants $70 + for an item that should cost less than $10 ! Does anyone know of a source for this item? Thanks!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The wall-mounted thermal switch for the 12VDC heater in the wet bay is bad. Monaco parts wants $70 + for an item that should cost less than $10 ! Does anyone know of a source for this item? Thanks!
Joe,

I am sure Rex will know a source. As soon as he see this I bet he responds. If you belong to the Monacoers on Yahoo you can look in the parts list file. Rex hangs out there a lot and he keeps up the parts list.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
This is what it looks like.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #4

Do an internet search using the MFG's name or any part # on the switch.

That is how i found a replacement pressure switch for my dash A/c, dealer wanted $100 with shipping I found on line for $30 + shipping

Good Luck
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
That is also known as a snap disk. They are available in different temperatures.

See if you can see the temp rating on yours. You will want the normally open variety, that will close when the temperature drops. Most Monaco coaches use a snap disk that closes at 35*.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Here you go Joe

Atlantic Components

678 Andover Street, Unit #6

Lawrence, MA 01843

800-433-6600

http://www.atcomhq.com/

This snap disc has a +/- 9 degree variableIt opens at 68 degrees, and closes at 41
Monaco Part# 16615621
Atlantic Components Part # SAS-20B Thermodisc
Bi-Metal Snap Action Thermostat

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Here you go Joe

Atlantic Components

678 Andover Street, Unit #6

Lawrence, MA 01843

800-433-6600

Atlantic Components, Lawrence Massachusetts

This snap disc has a +/- 9 degree variableIt opens at 68 degrees, and closes at 41
Monaco Part# 16615621
Atlantic Components Part # SAS-20B Thermodisc
Bi-Metal Snap Action Thermostat
Rex, you've done it again! I called these folks and the thermostats are $12.50 each (sure beats over $70 from Monaco! ) . They have a minimum order of $25 so I ordered two of them.

How are you so knowledgeable about Monaco ? Sure hope you'll be around for a LONG time! Thanks again!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Hi MS happy campers.

If you want to sell the extra thermal switch I would buy it from you plus shipping and handling if you like.
Thanks
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Hi MS happy campers.

If you want to sell the extra thermal switch I would buy it from you plus shipping and handling if you like.
Thanks
Rick
Rick, I'll be glad to let you have the extra switch. Just PM me shipping information and I'll send it on to you when they arrive.

Joe
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Joe when Monaco went belly up, I got busy finding sources for parts. No one knew what would happen to the remains of Monaco through the bankruptcy court.

Long story short, I put together a parts list of everything I could find with the help of many of the members of the Monacoers Group on Yahoo. That list is copyrighted and published in the Files section of the Monacoers site. Any Monaco owner can access it for their own use, but not post it anywhere due to it being copyrighted. You must be a member of the Monacoers for access, however that is real easy. Only requirement is all members must use their real first name and at least the first initial of their last name. No screen names allowed. Every post must be signed as above. Go here if you wish to join that group:

Monacoers : Monacoers

I hang out there and here and try to offer help when I can on repairs or parts info.

If you join Monacoers, be sure and change the Yahoo default for the way you receive messages or you will get every one as an individual email.

I have been asked several times to post the parts list here as well but cannot do that. Reason being I fell the Monacoers were more helpful than any single group and thus have ownership. So it will only be posted there, but is still available. I update it about every three months or sooner if new information becomes available.

Glad I was able to help you find the needed part.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Joe when Monaco went belly up, I got busy finding sources for parts. No one knew what would happen to the remains of Monaco through the bankruptcy court.

Long story short, I put together a parts list of everything I could find with the help of many of the members of the Monacoers Group on Yahoo. That list is copyrighted and published in the Files section of the Monacoers site. Any Monaco owner can access it for their own use, but not post it anywhere due to it being copyrighted. You must be a member of the Monacoers for access, however that is real easy. Only requirement is all members must use their real first name and at least the first initial of their last name. No screen names allowed. Every post must be signed as above. Go here if you wish to join that group:

Monacoers : Monacoers

I hang out there and here and try to offer help when I can on repairs or parts info.

If you join Monacoers, be sure and change the Yahoo default for the way you receive messages or you will get every one as an individual email.

I have been asked several times to post the parts list here as well but cannot do that. Reason being I fell the Monacoers were more helpful than any single group and thus have ownership. So it will only be posted there, but is still available. I update it about every three months or sooner if new information becomes available.

Glad I was able to help you find the needed part.
Thanks Rex! I have applied for membership in the Monacoers group.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Rex, I joined the Monacoers group and am still trying to figure out how to use it. Not nearly as simple as IRV2!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I bought mine at Radio Shack
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Joe you are sure correct about Monacoers site not being as easy to use as IRV2. It takes some getting used to after working here.

For the parts list on Monacoers, look on the left side of the message page and click on FILES, then click on the first folder in Files, and then click on the first file in that folder which will be the parts list. It is a large PDF and may take a while to download as it is a very large file.

Other files or folders in the Files section work about the same way. Lots of information there and it takes lots of reading to cover everything.

No way to add pictures to messages on Monacoers which is a big drawback to using the site, but that is the way Yahoo is. Yahoo limits what can be done, not the users.

Tags
heater