RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #1

Beaver Airbag part Numbers

I thought I would pass on some Goodyear Airbag part numbers for my coach and would probably be the same as yours. These are for my 2000 Beaver Marquis Amethyst 42'. The front bags are not that hard to find online and the part number is 1R11-121. The rears on the other hand are OEM specific and that number is 1R12-431. If you are out on the road and need one NOW the other common number is 1R12-492, it is also a Goodyear number and not OEM specific, the only difference between the two is the base plate, also aluminum, is clocked about 15 degrees off from the top studs and all you have to do is loosen the bottom nut, line up the top and bottom holes parallel and torque to 50 ft. lbs.

Plus the 1R12-492 is Much Cheaper than the 431. Same thing only different if you catch my drift.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info.

Why did you replace your bags? Blow out - or just due to age?

Did the airbags you listed have an "application" date range (such as 2000 - 2006 Beaver-Monaco models) or did you just convert your current part numbers to the ones you listed?

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #3

Mike, Been looking to replace before they actually start leaking or even blow out. When I first got the coach I started on a quest of getting all my part numbers and knowing where to get them and list all the correct numbers. The original bags numbers are Specific to the Beaver brand and I had a Hell of a time finding them at a decent price, or even just finding the bag itself.

Your coach is a Monaco Beaver and will probably be a different number. Was letting others that have the older Beaver coaches know what numbers they were. I don't know if it is a common thing but my coach has 12 air bags and not the usual 10 as many others have.

If you remember reading in other posts here and BAC my coach is listing to the rear left after losing air overnight. I believe it is time to replace the 4 rear bags at this time and try to find the reason I am loosing air. It will probably be the HWH 6 pack seals and will have to reseal the whole thing, 17 year old coach. I am a Nut for Maintenance before things go south. I have been a Professional driver for the last 40 years and oversize for last 20 years and have always stayed on top of service.

Tags
air, beaver