Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
The hydraulic pump, solenoids, and fuses are under your steps where the noise comes from when moving the generator slide.

Some times activating the switch multiple times (in both directions) will get it to work.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #16

Update. The gen slide is electric I thought hydraulic but it's not. So back to square one.

Took a good look around the hydraulic pump everything seemed in tack. Wiggled a few wires, all seemed good and tight. Tried the slides they both work. Hmmmmm. I shut the gen slide and hit travel mode which is how these slides are recommended to be used. Tried them again and nothing they stopped working. Went under and wiggled the ground wires actually a spot were 4 wires connect to one and they started working. At this point this is all I can find so I cut the splice out and re spliced and they seem to be working. I wish I could be 100% sure this is what it was but I am just not that confident it is. I could have been bumping another connection or wire that is fixing the issue. But they are working so no real way to trace the problem until they quit again. If nothing else I know the issue is in this area so that narrows down any future issues.

Thanks for the input.
Nasdaqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:21 PM   #17

My slides just quit a couple weeks ago and thankfully I was at home so I didn't have to go find 8 people to help me manually push them back in like my manual states to do. Here is what I found. I removed the motor which is under the steps beside the generator, took it into the shop and took it apart. The motor is well built and looked pretty good, the brushes (4 of them) looked good, the bearings were good, but the braided copper wires going to the ground brushes looked like they had been hot and the springs behind them were a little weaker than the hot side brushes. The brass plate that the brushes are mounted on is held onto the motor housing with one bolt and the whole motor is grounded when it is bolted onto the chassis. That bolt also looked like it had been hot and had arced. I took the bolt out which didn't cooperate very well as it had corroded in the motor housing. Actually it was very difficult to get out and destroyed the threads on the way out. No problem though, I was able to clean up the hole and tap it out for a slightly larger bolt (stainless steel). I put it all back together (made some wire clips to hold the brushes back while sliding in the armature) and all is well. This whole process didn't take very long to do at all. I did put a little oil in the bearings just to make me feel better. It's hard to believe that as tight as everything was, that it wasn't making good contact but it works great now so that is just one more place to check if you have a problem again.
Dave
Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:43 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaqsam View Post
Update. Went under and wiggled the ground wires actually a spot were 4 wires connect to one and they started working. At this point this is all I can find so I cut the splice out and re spliced and they seem to be working.
That's the best one can do - and most likely you found the problem area.
At least you have a solid starting point if it happens again.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman018 View Post
My slides just quit a couple weeks ago and thankfully I was at home so I didn't have to go find 8 people to help me manually push them back in like my manual states to do. Here is what I found. I removed the motor which is under the steps beside the generator, took it into the shop and took it apart. The motor is well built and looked pretty good, the brushes (4 of them) looked good, the bearings were good, but the braided copper wires going to the ground brushes looked like they had been hot and the springs behind them were a little weaker than the hot side brushes. The brass plate that the brushes are mounted on is held onto the motor housing with one bolt and the whole motor is grounded when it is bolted onto the chassis. That bolt also looked like it had been hot and had arced. I took the bolt out which didn't cooperate very well as it had corroded in the motor housing. Actually it was very difficult to get out and destroyed the threads on the way out. No problem though, I was able to clean up the hole and tap it out for a slightly larger bolt (stainless steel). I put it all back together (made some wire clips to hold the brushes back while sliding in the armature) and all is well. This whole process didn't take very long to do at all. I did put a little oil in the bearings just to make me feel better. It's hard to believe that as tight as everything was, that it wasn't making good contact but it works great now so that is just one more place to check if you have a problem again.
Dave
Since I believe we have isolated the area of the problem if it happens again this would most likely by my net move. Remove the pump, send it out for over haul and clean up all the wiring. The pump definitely looks to be a sturdy one. Thanks for theinput.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
That's the best one can do - and most likely you found the problem area.
At least you have a solid starting point if it happens again.
Exactly. And if they go out while on a trip at least I know where to start.

Tags
beaver, slide, slide out