Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #1

Bedroom slide

I have searched all the threads and cannot find an answer to my dilemma.
I have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavour PBD with 2 slide outs.
The bedroom slide out has shifted and I cannot find the adjustment to reposition it. It has pinched the wiper seal and it is leaking.
I have searched all over and cannot find the adjustment for it.
Where oh where are the adjustment screws located????
royr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi royr,
I've asked the moderators to move this thread to the Monaco Owners Forum. Folks who have a coach just like yours hang out there.

If the shift is side to side, one can try to raise the coach as high as possible on the side that is pinching. Then run the slide out and in. This may take more than one in/out. The slide may work its' way toward the lower end of the coach. It will do this very slowly.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would call Monaco tech support on that one! If they can't tell you what to do they can probably recommend someone who can!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #4

It would be really helpful if you know the manufacturer and model number of your slide-out mechanism. I doubt you have the same mechanism as I do, but I'll bet the adjustment process is similar.

On mine, the slide-out rails are held up by four metal posts (constructed of channel steel with a bottom bracket) that have adjustment slots with screws in them. There are two screws per leg. You have to have a way to jack up the mechanism while you are adjusting/tightening the screws.

I am not trying to judge your fix-it skills, but this is one for someone who considers himself to be quite proficient with jacks, bracing and nuts and bolts in tight places. You will need, at minimum, one (and possibly two) two or four ton jacks. (Larger ones will not fit in the spaces you have to work in. I prefer the two-ton size.) You need to get the slide-out rails stable by applying just enough jack pressure to be sure they will not slide down when you loosen the bolts holding things up. When you have the offending bolts loose enough, you need to jack up the appropriate rail until you have the height you need. (I use the paint markings on the outside of the coach for alignment.) I typically work one corner of the slide-out at a time. I limit any one move to 1/4 inch to avoid any stressing of the assembly. But, it sounds like you only need to move one corner up about 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch to stop crimping your seal.

You will not find any instructions on this. The manufacturers consider this too risky for an owner to do themselves. So, you are left to those of us who have had to learn from trial and error how all this works.

And you also have to know in your heart that you have to be very very careful when you are messing around with one of these slides. The weight and balance involved, especially when they are in the extended position, could cause them to get loose and pop up inside the coach which could have disastrous consequences if you are in the way. I kept my slide-out fully braced inside and jacked up from the outside (with a floor jack and 4x4 beams) when I was working on it in the extended position.

Again, if you can find out the name of the manufacturer and model number it would be a great help.

Tags
slide