RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #1

Bedroom slide leak

I have a 2002 Holiday Endeavor 2 slide coach. The bedroom slide leaks on both lower inside corners, it has the window above the head of the bed which I sealed around, I sealed the 45 degree joints on the outside trim pieces, also sealed all the way around the trim pieces. The water seems to be getting inside the walls of the slide and leaking out the lower inside corners of the slide. I have installed the guardian plates to no avail. This leak occurs with the slide in or out. I would appreciate any ideas someone has as I don't know what to try next. Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #2

Hasen't someone had a water leak on the bedroom slide ??
Help Please

Old 10-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Did you check the slide top and confirm the eternabond tape covering the seams is in good shape. If not that is where I would look first. And while checking the top I would look over your slide toppers
RockyMtnRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #4

Bedroom slide leak

I have a similar problem but wonít be able to address it until we get to our AZ winter spot in a few weeks. For the time being we just pull the slide in when rain threatens. I believe the Guardian plates are designed to stop water intrusion from the seam along the slide bottom as well as add support to the slide bottom. Since you already have the plates and the problem persists I would try to locate where the water is compromising the seal. Perhaps a small rain gutter positioned low on the slide sloping away from the body might divert water away before it creeps around the bottom edge? Maybe directing water via hose along the side seals starting from the bottom while someone inside watches might pinpoint the breach. I suspect more people might have an issue but are unaware unless they check those particular locations.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:30 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with RockyMountainRide. My coach had flathead screws driven in at an angle under the tar tape along the outer T-mold of the slide. This is the area just inside the outer flange of the slide, on the very top. The wiper seal had cut through the tar tape at the screw heads allowing water to enter the slide wall, where it trailed down to the bottom and leaked out on the coach floor. After grinding the heads down flat with an angle grinder, I applied new Eternabond tape over that area and this fixed the leak.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem with our Windsor. This is what I did to stop it.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/slide...ir-369830.html
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excellent idea, Joe! Thank you.
I've got just the place to follow your solution. If the bedroom is all the way-out or all the way-in, the seals work good, but while the slide is moving I can see daylite (or rain) up there. Can't get my hand, much less any tools, in the space to work on it, so I've tried (without success) to just ignore it.

Oh boy, another job!
Old 10-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If that slide is constructed like our 01 ambassador was, there is an angle iron or aluminum that runs up each side of the slide ends. if you move the seal from the outside you can see it. On ours, water would get past the side seal and get under that angle and weep to the inside under strong storm conditions. I sealed that and also used the adhesive eaves trough that Camping world sells and used them to redirect any water that did get by the side or top seals to the outside. They used this method on some of the 04 up models of slides to kep water away from the bottom where you put the Guardian plates. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert

Tags
leak, slide