Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2021, 07:36 PM   #1
bjo

Bedroom Slide Leaking

I have a Holiday Rambler Endeavor 2013 and in my BD road side, the slide is cable driven we have a rain leak we finally found were it's coming from under the topper but when we ck it it's DRY Our slide is level some one told us we need to have it tilted for the rain not to come in ... BUT HOW DO YOU TILT IT Has one done this ...
bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2021, 06:01 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjo View Post
I have a Holiday Rambler Endeavor 2013 and in my BD road side, the slide is cable driven we have a rain leak we finally found were it's coming from under the topper but when we ck it it's DRY Our slide is level some one told us we need to have it tilted for the rain not to come in ... BUT HOW DO YOU TILT IT Has one done this ...

They must have meant that the entire bus is tilted toward that side. That's what the previous owner on mine told me to keep rain out.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
One thing to check is the caulk on the beltline. The beltline is the plastic type molding that runs around the side of the motorhome and is used to seal the mating surface of the side, top, and front or rear caps. If water gets into the top of the beltline it could run just about anywhere.

If water does get in it will rust the screws that hold the aluminum piece on that the belt line attaches to. Once these rust out it can pull the whole awning off the side.

I am in the process of fixing an area of delamination now on the rear passenger side between the rear window and rear cap. Not an easy job, I'm doing it myself so cost won't be too bad but not for the faint of heart.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide