RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2020, 02:24 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Bedroom slides will not retract

Both bedroom slides are out about half way. There is no power at those slides as well as the driver's side living room slide .The living slide on the passenger side has power and works. The manual shows just one fuse, it must be good or the front slide would not work. I checked the fuse anyhow and found it was good. I tried putting the emergency brake off , moving forward a few feet and resetting the brake... no change! I tried using the generator and a power cord... nothing.. The batteries are brand new and fully charged. I'm very challenged with electrical and mechanical problems .Any and all help is much appreciated! My coach is 2005 Monaco Knight 38 PDQ.

the batteries
nosroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2020, 08:43 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I believe you have 3 hydraulic slides and the bed is a mechanical slide...unusual for it not to work as it’s a simple motor reversing switch. Sounds lik 3 of your 4 slide switches are not getting power. I would try putting the one slide that works out and then retracting both LR slides at the same time... do they both move?

The hydraulic power pack is under the steps and IF you have storage underneath one of the steps you can remove the plastic bin to access it. Plenty of fuses on it to check and corrosion in that area is a common problem BUT the bed slide is separate from this area.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure if yours works the same way as mine does. All four of my slides are powered by electric motors. If you look in your storage bay's looking up do you see the slide- out motor's or shafts running parallel with the slide out? Do you see a long square shaft (or round) connecting to a motor that looks something like this?

or do you see a gearbox assembly that looks something like this?

You might be able to get a wrench on one end of it and bring it back in. it's going to be a slow process so be patient. If you lift the master bedroom bed up and remove the board do you see an electric motor or gearbox something like the above pictures? If it were me I would see if I could find the electrical plug and un-plug the slide out just in case it gets a power serge. you don't need the extra resistance on the slide out when you are trying to bring the slide out back in. It could be a faulty switch or there is a lose connection somewhere? I would start in the most obvious and look for a blown fuse. Being the fact you said that only one of the four slides is working I would think that each slide could be on it's own fuse. I truly couldn't see the RV manufacturer wiring all the slide-outs on one fuse. Double check all the fuse's in the fuse box? If you get it pulled back in. Let us know what you find.
Frank.
Quick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
SUCCESS!! I found a panel in the battery compartment that contained fuses and connectors for the "quad slide outs". I opened the connectors and sprayed them with CRC electrical cleaner. I also did the connectors located under the bed. All 4 slides now work!!! Thanks for the rapid assists. NOSROC
nosroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide