RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Bedroom speakers

Well, I am stumped. I have had this coach for over a year and I cannot figure out how to turn off the bedroom speakers. The DW and I have different tastes in music and TV so we watch separate TVs. But when using the in dash home theater unit, the speakers in the bedroom play. There is a switch in the cabinet over the driver's dash that is labeled "Home Theater." It will switch all the speakers on and off except for the bedroom speakers. The switch over the bed turns off the radio itself.

Seems that the only option is to disconnect the speakers.

Any help will be appreciated.
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I know we have different Coach's here but there is a couple of wall mounted rocker switches near our bed, lights and stereo speakers(on/off)
And if this fails, maybe can find a way to shut them off in the stereo menu......front/rear fade.....
Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #3

I use the fade/balance controls of dash radio, fading it all to front. bill
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We have 6 radio speakers, 2 up front, 2 mid coach and 2 in the bedroom. If I recall, the 2 up front and mid coach are on the front portion of the "Fader" and the rears are on the rear of the "Fader".
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Bedroom speakers

Thanks for the replys.

I have come to the conclusion that something is wrong with my radio. I turn the fader to the rear and all the speakers are playing, three up front, two mid-coach and the two bedroom speakers. When I turn the fader all the way to the front, nothing works.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep trekker View Post
Thanks for the replys.

I have come to the conclusion that something is wrong with my radio. I turn the fader to the rear and all the speakers are playing, three up front, two mid-coach and the two bedroom speakers. When I turn the fader all the way to the front, nothing works.
Richard,

Sounds like the individual who wired your speakers had a hangover. My guess is you can fix this problem at one of the Molex connectors containing all the speaker wires. I would start at the back of the radio. Use this link to identify which pin extractor tool you need and order the tool. Without the pin extractor it will be a tough job.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mole...w=1372&bih=924

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Richard,

Sounds like the individual who wired your speakers had a hangover. My guess is you can fix this problem at one of the Molex connectors containing all the speaker wires. I would start at the back of the radio. Use this link to identify which pin extractor tool you need and order the tool. Without the pin extractor it will be a tough job.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mole...w=1372&bih=924

Bob
X2 .... although you may not need the tool ... sometimes an adapter cable is plugged and it may be incorrectly wired (crimp connectors). You will probably need to trace the wires but it is behaving as if all the speakers are wired to the radio rear output instead of front/rear. As Don mentioned, with 6 speakers the bedroom would usually be on "rear" and the 4 in the living area would be on "front".
Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I do not know about the 2007 but my 2006 Scepter has a multiplexer box (River Park) in a cabinet over the driver(side) that switches the speakers from the Theatre (TV/DVD) to the dash. It is not on the factory inventory sheet nor on the wiring schematic I requested. I think it was a mid-year change. Anyhow, the multiplexer is controlled by the rocker switch in the overhead cabinet (Driver/Front). In mine, the bed speakers cannot be controlled separately. The bedroom switch only turns the radio on/off. If you want to you could put a switch in line at the multiplexer.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question: Do you EVER want them on?

If no: drop them down and disconnect one wire from each (just one) and tape the connector if it's not insulated.

If yes. Put a switch in the line on each speaker.. Any low cost Toggle from Radio Shack should do.

Ideally you shoud replace the speaker in the circuit with a big resistor of the proper resistance (generally 4 6 or most commonly 8 ohms) but unless you are putting major wattage into those things its likely the system won't mind, and of course if you are doing the disconnect forever method (method 1 above) it does not matter. BIG means high wattage by the way, not high resistance.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #10
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I disconnected mine at the stereo once I replaced the stereo. I never thought about unhooking the wires to the bedroom at the speaker.
I added some 6x9 speakers in boxes behind the driver and passenger seat as the "ceiling only" speakers sounded weird driving down the road.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I am tending to go with the disconnect the speakers option. As I think of it, I don't really need them. The bedroom has a CD/radio with its own speakers as does the TV. Now I just need to figure out what is going on with the DVD/radio in the dash.

Thanks again for all the replys.