Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #1

Hi All,

Here is a new one for us and possibly for you. We have the 04 Dynasty in our signature and it has been a pleasure to drive. When we are driving ocassionally we hear a series of beeps, not in any particular order, no regular number of beeps or any particular time interval. The beeps seem to come from the dash, closer to the center and the passenger side. I thought that it could be from the compass but haven't found anything in the manual that would suggest the sound would come from there. We have a Carefree electric awning but no wind sensor, so that is in a sense manual. It has us puzzled and given us a lot of entertainment while travelling, simply trying to guess at what it could be. Has anyone had a similar experience and are you still searching for the answer?
Fossilhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #2

Hi All,

Here is a new one for us and possibly for you. We have the 04 Dynasty in our signature and it has been a pleasure to drive. When we are driving ocassionally we hear a series of beeps, not in any particular order, no regular number of beeps or any particular time interval. The beeps seem to come from the dash, closer to the center and the passenger side. I thought that it could be from the compass but haven't found anything in the manual that would suggest the sound would come from there. We have a Carefree electric awning but no wind sensor, so that is in a sense manual. It has us puzzled and given us a lot of entertainment while travelling, simply trying to guess at what it could be. Has anyone had a similar experience and are you still searching for the answer?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
You say it's "beep beep"... Humm.. I would check for a little Nash Rambler trying to pass you.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I am sure this is not your problem but we had a mysterious beep as well. It was completely random. Just a faint beep for about 30 seconds then it would stop. Later on, it would come back again. We checked everything. But we couldn’t tell exactly where it was coming from. It never happened on open roads, just during stop and go traffic. During one episode Carol said it sounded like the kitchen egg timer. As it turns out, that is exactly what it was. The timer fell over in the drawer every time we hit a bump and turned itself on. Funny how a beep from the center of the coach sounded like it was coming from the front of the coach.
PizzaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi i had 2004 beaver like that it beep on and off went it rain or the road was wet.It was a sencer by the motor some where not such where the dealer change it it was ok for 6 months and it came back so i found the buser and remove it . It is behind the dash over the stering calumn. hope this help

2008 Endeavor
Marcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If you have hydraulic jacks, and the oil is a little down, you may set off the low oil chime over bumps. It took me 6 months to nail that one down. Usually the sound comes from the area of the jack control, but I had a hard time locating it, as it would beep for less than a second and was hard to locate.
Or, it may be coming from the chime module behind the dash. See this link:
chime module
Hopefully, one of these helps.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

Harry...methinks that that post smacks of "cabin fever" ... and SacsTC said he would not even know there was such a thing if it wasn't for you!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We hear a indistinct beeping from the dash area when encountering wet roads. As soon as the roads dry the faint beeping noise fades away. We assume it's brake related.Who knows? The Monaco Owner Manual makes no mention of this alarm. It was nice to read that Marcel also noticed it when roads were wet.

2005 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
InflatableBoats4Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 AM   #9

We have an 05 Dynasty and we have the same occassional random beeping. We have determined it is from the door entry key pad. Faithfully gives a few beeps when we start our drive in the morning once the sun shines on the key pad. Also, when going from heavy overcast to bright sun. As a matter of fact one time when I was outside the motorhome it started beeping and actually locked the doors.
Eaglesview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #10

Have had the same happen with our 06 endeaver during heavy rain. Seems to me it had something to do with the transmission although I could be wrong since I had no beep beep all of last year. Seems to me when it did happen I noticed the Transmission temp gauge went all the way down to cold.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 AM   #11
HPH

Monaco Owners Club
We also had a beep when it rained, ended up being the air gap on the step switch that senses when the step is out. Gap was too wide and rain would get in there and foul the connection.

2004 Z71 Tahoe
HPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #12

My 02 HR Endeavor has the beep as well. Only on wet roads. It doesn't happen all the time. The first few times it drove me nuts. Haven't found out why it does it. Just crank up the R&R on the stereo and you don't hear it.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #13

Thanks for all your replies.

The beeping does not occur when in wet weather, driving in sunny conditions it will start with random beeps and no discernable pattern. May be the door entr key pad could be the culprit since we have air levelers only, it would not be any hydraulic jacks. It has puzzled us, we thought may be the dog swallowed a timer but after listening to him he only made indistinct gurgling sounds at which point I kept my distance. Any cures for the beeping if it would be the key pad?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Inside my passenger side "armrest" console is a chime module, sort of like the old backup beepers but smaller. My coach has the doorbell option and that thing is the bell. You could try driving with the top of the console off and see if the noise is louder.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote