Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Smile Beeping sound?

Just recently purchased a pre-owned 05 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. One problem we can not figure out. When I start the engine, let it warm up, and then go from netural to drive, I get a beeping sound. No lights are on the dash board, and after I drive usually less than one mile it goes off. If I stop for a little bit, and stop the engine, and then start up and drive it does not happen. This is my first diesel, but I have previously owned gas Class A homes. The only time a beeping sound took place in the gas home is when the jacks were not fully retracted, and it indicated so on the dash lights. Checked the jacks, and this is not the case with the diesel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
abbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
abbygirl....This is a common problem with your parking brake. Next time this happens, stop, leave it in gear, pull the parking brake and then release it by pushing firmly down. This will usually stop the beeping.....or drive a short distance and it will stop as you have discovered. As you start making longer trips you'll occasionally hear the alarm go off for a few moments and then stop....it's a rude awekening at 60 mph.

The problem.....On the bottom of the parking brake handle, behind the driver's side, side panel, is a switch on the bottom of that parking brake assembly. It needs to be replaced. I haven't been motivated enough to replace mine yet. I'm sure it's simple, but will probably take some work to locate a replacement switch.

Here's another tip......All of those switches that under your left arm, particularly the leveling switches, are all facing upward and collect dirt. I keep my coach very clean, but it gets dusty overnight. I've already had two of the leveling switches get sticky and quit working. I now take a folded kitchen hand towel, when parked at home, and cover that entire panel.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:23 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Try this on the switch at the bottom of the parking brake:

Amazon.com: CRC Contact Cleaner & Lubricant 16 Ounce Aerosol Spray p/n 03140: Industrial & Scientific

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
If in fact you determine the park brake switch is at fault, you can order it from one of the sources below. The switch is sealed and is an air pressure switch made by Nason. They do not sell direct. The switch on many coaches is Nason SM-1C66R/WP28.

Order from one of the following Nason Distributors

Cross Company 866-219-8217
Sunsource 800-228-5800
Flow Dynamics 205-581-1200
Hydraulic Energy Products 800-800-3471
Fluid Power Equipment Co., 877-471-8999

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I bought mine from Monaco Parts, around $35.00 plus shipping.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks guys.Mines do the same. Gonna try the spray first. If that doesn't work then the switch. I wonder how many more out there are having the same problem. My switch only stays on for a minute or two although once it stayed on about 15 minutes. Bout drove me nuts.
Galvanizd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #7

Thanks to all who responded to my beeping noise. I'm getting the switch replaced on Tues, and hope it solves the problem. abbygirl--Bill and Joan
abbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #8

i'M HAVING THE SAME problem with my 2000 Winnebego. If i stop and turn off and restart the noise go's away only for a minute or two. I guess i'll try the parking brake pressure switch.
sparacino20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Yes I've had the beeping too, maybe we should post this problem from time to time as it happens far to often. Mine started about 200 miles from where I bought my coach on our way home from the dealer. I had stopped for a bite to eat and when I started out it beeped for a short time. It was off and on for a few more trips but would always stop. When we loaded up and headed south at the first of the year it beeped for 40 miles! I found some earplugs and hoped for the best, long story short I replaced the switch. I think it's a sealed switch and I tried to spray it without success. I was able too change it by raising the panel up and unscewing it from the bottom of the park back control. It's not hard to do.
Good luck
John G.
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Mine does the same as others. Also, if I hit a bump in the road (hard) it will chrip at times. Came on 1 time on a real bumpy road and stayed on about 10 minutes.
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Fixed mine last year. I called Monaco (Navstar) and they had the part in stock. believe it was around $49.00. It took me about 20 minutes to change out. Alot of that was the screws holding the cover plate down that panel that contains the airbrake sensor device that is causing the noise. Mine finally got to the point where it wasn't turning the alarm off. The replacement fixed the problem/ Its fairly easy to do. I wouldn't pay someone to do it.

Also, I figure Monaco didn't re invent the wheel, so the part is probably a standard airbrake part. I didn't try it , but if Monaco didn't have the part I was prepared to take the part out and try a couple of local truck repair shops. I've noticed a few Ford parts on my rv.
Galvanizd is offline   Reply With Quote