Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #1

Best emergency road service?

Going from a 5er to 2006 Beaver motorhome and wondering whether to switch from Good Sam ERS to Coach-Net. Anyone have any preference based on experience? Thanks much.
bowton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Well, I cannot speak personally for Coach-Net, but from what I've heard from trusted RVers, it is a top notch company. I've had Good Sam ERS for years and they have always come thru for me. Such things as gas and a battery jump for the toad. But the big help came last January when the Allison tranny failed on our motorhome. We were at a CG near the Suawannee River in Florida. I called ERS and they said that I would be towed to a shop within 20 miles or so. I advised them that only a Allison facility would do. The rep said that he would check with a supervisor. He called back a little while later and authorized the tow. They sent a HD tow truck from Gainesville and towed me to a Detroit Diesel Allison dealer in Ocala. Lots of miles and big bucks. Didn't pay a cent. Yes, I'm happy with ERS.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowton View Post
Going from a 5er to 2006 Beaver motorhome and wondering whether to switch from Good Sam ERS to Coach-Net. Anyone have any preference based on experience? Thanks much.
Bowton, I had GS ers for years and was quite satisfied. At the Tampa show this past Jan. , I signed up for coach net. They offer 24 hour tech. support , which I think might come in handy someday. Ers last year was $79 and the renewal was $99. They also offer tech support for another $20 or $30 I think. The coach net was $242 for three years. I also had them years ago when Winn. gave one year free with purchase. They ( coach net ) were great at that time and I hear that they still are.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to deadeye916
I've used both ERS and Coachnet and have no complaints with either company. I had ERS when we had a 1994 Jamboree, and switched to Coachnet when we bought our Monaco as the first year was free. I think Coachnet is a better deal due to their tech support.
deadeye916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I haven't used good sam but do have Coach Net and have used it a couple of times and am very happy with the service
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had the exact same great experience with Good Sam as CoastieSCPO. I have never had Coast net so am unable to comment on their service.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
I have CoachNet and am very happy with the service. I had one instance last summer where I locked the keys and the cats in the coach on a Sunday (so a motel was out of the question) and the nearest available locksmith was 50 miles away. They paid the $400 to get him to the coach and I paid the $50 "pick-lock" charge. I have other good experience as well. Are they better than the others? I have no experience elsewhere, but I do know you can't go wrong with CoachNet.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Sam ERS...

I have good Good Sam ERS and picked it for one reason, they have unlimited mileage towing with no cost. It is $80 for one year and they have 3 year discounts. I have an extended warranty thru the dealer and State Farm Insurance.

One night we had extremely high winds. The RV storage lot people called me and said that there was wind damage to my coach. When I arrived I found that the wind had ripped two side awnings from the coach, arms also pulled out. I called Good Sam and they sent someone out within the hour. This was at 7:00PM. The awnings were tied to the coach. Since I didn't have GS extended warranty, I had to pay for labor.

Then State Farm authorized the dealer to fix the awnings and paint damage and reimbursed me for the GS labor charge. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Initially, I signed up with Good Sam, but then when I received the coverage documents, I learned that a motorhome registered in an LLC is NOT covered - I called and asked them, and they said that is true, they only cover motorhomes registered to individuals - Since mine is LLC registered, I was given a full refund. I then signed up with Coach Net after making sure they would provide coverage. I had a chance to use them last weekend - We were driving to Tucson and upon arrival to the resort found the whole rear of the MH and the toad dripping diesel fuel. At some point the fuel line from the high pressure pump to the common rail cracked and diesel fuel was spraying all over the engine. I was told Inland Kenworth in Tucson services Cummins engines. I called Coach Net, they asked if I was in a safe place, asked many questions, got a call-back number, and did call back shortly to advise me that they would be sending a truck to take me to the Kenworth facility. They then called back several times to check that things were going well, and the tow was totally covered. The service people at Kenworth were expecting me, and it turns out my ISC330 was part of a Cummins "service program" to replace a fuel line that was failing, so there was no charge for that either. (If you have an ISC330, make sure you have the "new" fuel line that has a support in the middle). So based on my experience, I was very pleased that I have Coach Net.
azstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #10

Good Sam road service....be sure to read the fine print. I was in Temecula, Ca getting ready to leave the next morning. While checking air pressure I found a nail in a tire on my TPD cargo trailer. Called good Good Sam...the will not respond to a cargo trailer. They will only service RV's. They will not send anyone to fix a flat, like put a simple plug into the hole left by the nail due to liability.
I now have Camping World road care....they will respond to cargo trailers.
The Goose
Larry Geese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azstork View Post
. ......... (If you have an ISC330, make sure you have the "new" fuel line that has a support in the middle). So based on my experience, I was very pleased that I have Coach Net.
Not just the ISC. My ISL had the same fuel line campaign recall that I found out by reading this forum. We had Cummins add the needed fuel line brace and hope not to have the "fuel all over the toad" experience.

Everyone should find out what their Cummins Engine S/N is and call Cummins to check if there are any campaigns required.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I use both. Coach Net will either send out a mobile tech or a tow truck. But not will not do both. Having CN and GS gives me the option of having a mobile tech come out to see if he can fix it, and if not, then call GS for the tow.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Does anyone know if Coachnet is still around? They did not send renewal info. They don't answer their phone. They don't answer their email. Think I'll switch to GS.

Ken
Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #14

Nor'easters Club
I just spoke with CoachNet @ 800-759-6999 (customer service). They are still doing business as usual, but do not send out renewal cards anymore.........you may be calling the wrong number and have the wrong email but please don't start a rumor rather than facts regarding a company if you're not sure.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote