RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #1

best place to buy wheel covers

i have a 2001 monaco dynasty i need wheel covers my tire size 295/75/R22.5i live in central fl if anyone knows where to get the best price we are first timers

alfredcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #2

Good afternoon. First off, I assume you mean the covers that folks put over their tires, to protect them from the sun. I'll wager that I start a fire-storm of disagreement, but I've convinced myself that with today's tire technology, combined with the fact that tire age often dictates tire replacement long before the sun will significantly damage them, they aren't all that necessary. Our front tires on our '06 Dynasty are three years old, and the six on the back are over seven years old, and they show absolutely no evidence of cracking or deterioration from UV. It is my personal belief that I won't want to keep tires on the front axle that are over eight years old, and on the rear axles that are over ten years old, assuming tread and all other indications don't suggest otherwise.

We have tire covers, and bought them when we, too, were first-timers. I think we used them twice. We use the Goodyear tires, and one of their selling points is their high resistance to UV.

Anyway, I think Camping World would have them, and you can get them from them on-line, if you don't have a store near you. Your tires are the same size as ours, and I think that we purchased what they called "bus-size".

And now the firestorm. :-)

K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Good afternoon. First off, I assume you mean the covers that folks put over their tires, to protect them from the sun. I'll wager that I start a fire-storm of disagreement, but I've convinced myself that with today's tire technology, combined with the fact that tire age often dictates tire replacement long before the sun will significantly damage them, they aren't all that necessary. Our front tires on our '06 Dynasty are three years old, and the six on the back are over seven years old, and they show absolutely no evidence of cracking or deterioration from UV. It is my personal belief that I won't want to keep tires on the front axle that are over eight years old, and on the rear axles that are over ten years old, assuming tread and all other indications don't suggest otherwise.

We have tire covers, and bought them when we, too, were first-timers. I think we used them twice. We use the Goodyear tires, and one of their selling points is their high resistance to UV.

Anyway, I think Camping World would have them, and you can get them from them on-line, if you don't have a store near you. Your tires are the same size as ours, and I think that we purchased what they called "bus-size".

And now the firestorm. :-)
if you have no use for them or need them would you be interested in "giving" your wheel cover free of charge to alfredcycle
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #4

I'm not sure we didn't donate them to one of our local charities, several years ago. Even if we didn't, they are 2 1/2 months and a thousand miles away. Sorry about that.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
While K7JV may be correct, we use tire covers for additional reasons. I like to keep my tires and rims shinny and clean. Answer, tire covers. I like to dress up the outside of my MH. Answer, tire covers.

That being said, don't rule out other types of tire covers. Example, look around at some of the "curtain" type covers. They look nice, install easily, and allow air to circulate around the tires.

Dave
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Just got my tire covers today from Camping world they have A SALE on and i got them in 4 days. As stated earlier I am not convinced that the rubber in tires will deteriorate before they need replacement. We however park on the Pacific coast for several weeks a year and I find the salt in the air effects the aluminum rims and the brakes so I will be trying to minimize the effect with tire covers. PS paid $75 for a set of 4 with carry case similar size.
Matchayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry. I'm a firm believer in wheel covers. Tires do break down in the sun. If you drive enough miles to wear them
Out in 5 years then you may be right.
I've never had a blow out. But from reading about them, I don't want one.
I do everything and anything to protect my tires. A small price to pay for an extra layer of protection. Why not?
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wheel Covers

Depending on the type of covers, they can protect from the sun or they could dress up your coach and protect.

Camping World style.

Or the next level, custom.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Drifter, your newly made tire covers look great.

Dave
djhinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
You can buy them online from just about any where you just have to make sure you know for sure what size you need.
You can try Camping World.
You can try Walmart.
You can try just about anywhere that carries RV supplies like the Ace Hardware where we are at right now.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Like above, WalMart carries them and there's gotta be more than one of those around you. Having said that, Evilbay is good source as well.

Drifter, that's AWESOME! Wanna share how they attach at the body or point me in the direction of where that info might be? Love the looks of that and the "weight" looks simple enough but can't figure out the attachment from the pic.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
We love our tire covers from Camping World! You can get them for any tire size. If the colors match your RV they will look great! Look below.

Designer Tyre Gard 4-pack

MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote