Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #1

Beware the Del Memorial Bridge

Just got my ezpass statement and my eyes are still rolling around on the ground...got charged $20 for MH and toad to cross...per website should be $8...now I have to call customer service and fight with them...

Look on this website and what a cheesy workaround...

RV and Camper E-ZPass Alert

Note that this was in the manned lane using EZ Pass on the far right...as they are extra wide..
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
That may be a tough battle.

MH's with toads are normally charged the 4 axle truck rate at most toll facilities, which is $20 at the DMB.

DMB Rates

Let us know if they adjust it.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Stu,
That's an awful rendition on the EZpass technology at the bridge. There's just no excuse for a municipality or agency to allow that type of error in the software to continue with the resources at their disposal. Just because motorhomes with toads are infrequent doesn't give ezpass the right to let the error continue and just post a caveat on their web page that most people will never read. Disgraceful!!! Try making an error on your check and see how fast they ask YOU to fix it.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #4

I have to say that anyone thinking that a system that counts axles will differentiate between a truck, bus, or motor home is paying too much attention to what they see on TV and in movies. The state of the art of almost all software is pretty primitive, especially when it comes to processing images.

I also have to say that for the $12 difference I'd let it go, but then I still work and don't have that kind of time.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We were charged $20.00 called about it and they said dont go thru the ez pass lane , that way i guess you can argue with somebody that really does not care like the people on the phone!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
You should see how we get hit with the dually and a triple axle trailer. I try to avoid toll roads and bridges.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
I have to say that anyone thinking that a system that counts axles will differentiate between a truck, bus, or motor home is paying too much attention to what they see on TV and in movies. The state of the art of almost all software is pretty primitive, especially when it comes to processing images.

I also have to say that for the $12 difference I'd let it go, but then I still work and don't have that kind of time.
Paul,
I guess since my EZpass is registered as a "R6" class or "RV with dual rear tires", it would be a short leap to assume that the system would know that my account is for an RV and that if the Delaware Bridge Authority can't tell, then they need to move forward with their technology. I am now going back to watching my TV......

Old 08-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
And that my friend is what they are "banking" on!!
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #9

How much money do they have that they had no right in charging?..Tell me about a class action law suit that is easily proven and even admitted to by them....if they have class action law suits for wrong plate fees to car dealers...by all means..I'm surprised someone hasn't reached out to me for more facts...All I know is when there, if I have to be there, I'll have DW pull the tag and argue with the toll taker.....Otherwise, I'll take the Blue Route to 95 to 1 and go down 1 that way although much more difficult at times. As I live in Central NJ and not near Penn Turnpike NE extension. I called the Cust Center 3 times until I got someone who knew what I was talking about and issued a credit request which can take up to 3 months...and every other toll road has gotten it right...
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydogs1 View Post
and every other toll road has gotten it right...
My point, exactly.....