Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Black Tank Flush - Splash Back

Others have mentioned that when you disconnect the garden hose from the black tank sprayer it floods water back out the hose fitting. I use a quick connect at the hose connection for the sprayer and mine also splashes back. I read that some people disassembled the hose end and put in a check valve. I was going to do that project today, but realized I would have to take apart the whole water panel to acces the assembly....too much work.

I went shopping at Home Depot to try and come up with a different idea.....I found it....it was pretty simple. I bought this Brass Shut-Off Coupling - 27933 at The Home Depot and just screwed it into the female fitting on the coach and added my brass quick conect to it. Now when I'm done flushing the tank, I turn off the water and then turn off the lever on the brass shut off I added.

Hope this helps someone.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
gg

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don,

On the 09 Safari the factory installed a check valve in the inlet connection for the black tank flush. So maybe Monaco added this on all of the newer coachs.

On mine this inlet connection was plastic and the threads stripped when connecting the hoseon the second time I used it.

I found a replacement inlet connection made of brass at Camping world for about $ 10.00. This had a 1/2 " thd connection on the back of the panel
and 3 screws to mount to the panel. 2 screw lined up / third drilled new.

For some reason the peanut gallery thought it was real funny when I would turn on the water and the hose would blow off, spin around with me ducking for cover.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Don - Great Idea - Thanks -
I was tired of the bay getting wet each time I flushed the black tank.
Off to Home Depot!!
azstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Off to HD again. Thanks Don, good idea

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote