Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #1

Black Tank replacement?

I have a 2008 Monaco Cayman xl pbt39 that I need a new black tank for. I had contacted the Rev Group but they tell me that the tanks are no longer made.
Does anyone know of a place where it is possible to get one. Any idea of cost to expect? I live in Saskatchewan, Canada so the closer the better freight cost wise, but that being said a guy's gotta do what you gotta do right.
Relaxinrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Cracked tanks can be welded and/or repaired. If you want a new tank, measure the dimensions of the old and start searching on Google for tank manufacturers and sellers.

You might also look into having it shipped to a U.S. border address and drive down and pick it up yourself.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

What's wrong with your tank? If it's leaking then maybe it can be pulled out and repaired.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:20 PM   #4

Thanks for the help guys & gals. The tank was repaired by the previous owner I suspect. A local rv shop is recommending that the tank be replaced and not repaired. I have received some suggestions and will follow up on Monday. Tried to call today but they are closed for the weekend.
Tank starts to leak when it is about half full, so if I'm not paying attention things get smelly real quick!

We are trying to sell our house at the lake and plan on going full time Rv'ing for at least two years since we just retired. Canada in the summer and the US in the winter. Two great countries and so little time to explore them!
Relaxinrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:05 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The tank should have the mfgr, size, and model number embossed on the side (that faces outward). Sometimes not very easy to see, but should give you a starting point in searching for a replacement.

Tags
ace, black tank, replace, replacement, tank