Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
I also use a back flow preventer at the Y valve.
Okay. It would seem I should have a vacuum breaker between the service bay and spray tip. I will report back. I also use a y with a white hose and ss ends for fresh. I use a y for fresh hookups in case I want water for a bucket. I use a separate grey hose for flush. I will get a backflow preventer for the black flush connection at the hose bib.
I will look for my vacuum breaker and report back. I wasn't going to start this thread because it didn't seem too big an issue but now I'm glad I did. Part of the joy of the class A is learning
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I got real tired very quickly of having to drag out different hoses for the water supplies, one for the coach and one for the black tank flush.

Shortly after purchasing the coach, I put together a manifold system made out of 1/2 inch brass pipe and fittings that allowed me to have only one main hose supplying water to the coach.

I have a ball valve on each line that allows me to isolate each system.

I've been using it for almost 10 years now and it works great.

However, you never want to get distracted when back flushing your black tank. Once that tank fills up, the excess water will percolate through your toilet valve into your coach and onto the floor, carpet, and finally down into your storage bays. It will not go up the vent pipe onto the roof as one poster stated.

Photo attached.

The only downside is the hatch door will not close. So when we are on the road, I stuff the hole with paper towel which keeps the road dirt and grime from entering the bay. When parked I stuff steel wool pads there to keep the critters out.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Bay-2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	38305  
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #17

my line drains back also, mine plugged up a little while back and i had to remove it from the tanks and clean out the small holes in the sprayer head, (not fun) that line runs around the side of your black tank and does not have a check valve on it.
jldacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dr4

I see your pic. I thought about the same thing. However I would never connect my black tank to my fresh water tank or supply. Valve or no valve between them. I'm happy it works for you but that can't be sanitary. I guess the chlorine in the water helps you out. Many campgrounds use well water.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldacus View Post
my line drains back also, mine plugged up a little while back and i had to remove it from the tanks and clean out the small holes in the sprayer head, (not fun) that line runs around the side of your black tank and does not have a check valve on it.
My brass spray head had broken off at the threaded nipple. Luckily there was enough blockage in the corroded nipple that when I tried to flush the black tank, the back pressure on the hose connection was enough , I decided not to try to use it until I could investigate. New threaded nipple and a fresh pex crimp and back in business. What year is your Dynasty? I thought I recalled my flush line went around the front side of the tanks but will have to look again.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post

Hi Dr4

I'm happy it works for you but that can't be sanitary.
It's actually more sanitary because I don't have to handle any black tank back flush hoses. When you have 60 lb's of water pressure going through the pipe once you close the City side and open the Black tank side, there isn't any water running backwards that I know of especially when there is also a back-flow valve in the line preventing any back-flow.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW I put brass quick connects on the hoses and the MH water connection points. It seems I was always getting the flush hose cross threaded. Makes it a snap to use.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I have used those brass hose QD's for many years now and will not have any hoses or fittings without them. It makes it so easy to hookup and disconnect plus making sure that the hoses are sealed when not in use.

I highly recommend them for all your hoses.

Dr4Film ----- Richard