Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #1

Blank tank flush

The hose water won't go into the flush, it seems blocked. I have an 06 Endeavor and had been using the flush weekly. How does this system work?
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is the water pressure too high? My system doesn't operate with high water pressure.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #3

Usually, the water line from the inlet goes up to a vacuum breaker, then goes back down to the tank.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Rusty.....Your sprayer is plugged, it's a very common issue. On the passenger's side of your coach, you should have an exterior panel directly opposite of your water bay that does not have a handle to open it. There will be two screws under the edge of the panel that need to be removed. Lift the panel up (hinged) and place a pole under it to support it. Once open, you'll see your two tanks (black in color) sitting atop your water tank. One of the tanks will have a plastic hose and fitting. This is your sprayer.

The sprayer has multiple holes and on occasions where you really fill the tank or drive with it quite full, debris will splash up into and through the sprayer. It then dries and hardens, plugging the sprayer. You can remove the sprayer and clean it. It happened to me a few times over several years, so I and others have just removed the connected hose and took a 1/8" drill and drilled several holes down into the sprayer head without even removing it. Once you do this, it won't plug again. My feeling was that I just wanted a bunch of water to fill into that end and really didn't care that it sprayed or not.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #5

Great job, Don. I was thinking that it could be something like what you said and now I can fix it. I do believe that the spray is important to get the sides flushed and keep the sensors clean although I haven't seen how they are placed. It looks like I'll become quite the techie owning this rolling earthquake. Keeping the crown moldings on is easier with a staple/nail gun I have.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hey RustyY, this is RustyT :-) ...

I had the same problem, and ended up putting a couple latches on that panel. While I was at it, I realized there was a good deal of room above the tanks, so I installed a piece of plywood over the tanks with some 'walls' around the perimeter (so's to not have anything hit the various hoses/pipes/wires in there) and am able to store fairly large flat objects for travel.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Rusty Years.....Your tank sending units are at the drain end of the tank, so the sprayer really doesn't clean anything. Mine rinses as well or better with the sprayer drilled out. More water flows through the drilled out sprayer. If you don't drill it out, it WILL plug again and again.

Rusty Tools....If you're looking for storage, there is even more above the fuel tank. I put latches on the two panels where the fuel doors are located. On the passenger side, I store tire chains and a blue waste tank. On the other I store a small inflatable boat.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
YC1

Don, show me a picture of the storage over the fuel tanks please. I too found room on top of my gray and black tanks for hoses etc. My drilled out flusher worked well and no longer plugged but as mentioned it never reaches the senders. Recently I changed it out for the one that has the whirly gig. In hind sight I should have left the original drilled out one and mounted the new whirly gig one at the sender unit end. I could have teed them together and had the best of both worlds. Removing the covering panel in that area turns out to be easy enough so I could have installed it easily. Had some issues with my sensor and finally bought a hose thingy with a sprayer and gave it an enema from the outlet. Worked great.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #9

Thanks everyone. I tackled the project today and it was really easy. I drilled the holes and reamed them. When it happens again I will drill the holes bigger.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
Thanks everyone. I tackled the project today and it was really easy. I drilled the holes and reamed them. When it happens again I will drill the holes bigger.
Rysty Years

I think you got away too easy , so I will suggest an improvement to your flush system.

The No-fuss flush. Price at Camping world - around $15. This will seriously add to your flushing possibilities.

Actually this installation is so easy that I may have to come up with some other "bright spark" idea that is more difficult

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
YC1.....I don't have a photo of the fuel bay uploaded. On mine I can fit one of the standard size blue totes (approximately 6"x 18"x 24") and a set of cable chains on the passenger side bay. The other bay is similar, but you have to be careful of the sending unit. I built a wood floor to cover the sending.

Some may laugh at using tis space, but my 36' coach only has one exterior pass thru storage bay.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
YC1

My guages recently began giving false indications. I use tons of water with a macerater toilet. My flusher is a new tornado and seems to do a great job. I bought a hose snake and sent it up the outlet and cleaned the senders.

I'm going to add a second flusher and tee it into the existing one. The second one will be on the sender end of the tank. Can't complain, it took 5 years to have my guages give false readings.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank