Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2022, 09:50 AM   #1

BlueFire

Thinking about getting one but so far I haven’t been able to get the company to respond by email or leaving a message asking to speak to someone “doesn’t say a lot for them so far!” Anyway I would love to speak to someone that actually has put one on a 05 Cat. C13 to be exact. PM me if possible.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The developer has been on vacation. He is back now but would imagine he has a ton of emails to go through.

If you post your questions here or in one of the active BlueFire threads there will possibly be someone that can help.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #3

Thanks, will post some of the questions
Old 06-23-2022, 10:23 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What's a Bluefire?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:31 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
What's a Bluefire?
It's an engine monitoring app BlueFire

Long running thread here: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/vms...on-425748.html
Old 06-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #6

First question. I saw somewhere this is Bluetooth so can other Bluetooth apps somehow be incorporated into the display so I can import data that way.

Specifically I want to see my tank air pressure, egt after I install a sensor and fuel pressure. I don't believe the tank pressure and fuel pressure is available thru the ECM.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:37 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
First question. I saw somewhere this is Bluetooth so can other Bluetooth apps somehow be incorporated into the display so I can import data that way.

Specifically I want to see my tank air pressure, egt after I install a sensor and fuel pressure. I don't believe the tank pressure and fuel pressure is available thru the ECM.
The short answer is no. The BlueFire adapter is physically connected to your engine diagnostic port and can only read what is coming from your ECM.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:23 AM   #8

Official iRV2 Sponsor

BlueFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
Thinking about getting one but so far I haven’t been able to get the company to respond by email or leaving a message asking to speak to someone “doesn’t say a lot for them so far!” Anyway I would love to speak to someone that actually has put one on a 05 Cat. C13 to be exact. PM me if possible.
This product sounds awesome!

I just spend days putting instrumentation on my 7.3L Navistar.
Does this company have a product for the early direct injection, 1995 era?

There are a lot of sensors that give very valuable info on most automotive control systems.

After 20 years of automotive controls systems and diagnostics teaching, I can say that a product like this is worth every cent in the hands of a qualified user.

Thanks for the good info
Old 06-24-2022, 08:43 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridge Defend View Post
This product sounds awesome!

I just spend days putting instrumentation on my 7.3L Navistar.
Does this company have a product for the early direct injection, 1995 era?

There are a lot of sensors that give very valuable info on most automotive control systems.

After 20 years of automotive controls systems and diagnostics teaching, I can say that a product like this is worth every cent in the hands of a qualified user.

Thanks for the good info
The following is a quote from the BlueFire website I linked to above (bold added)

We sell data adapters that connect to newer vehicles (early 2000's to present) that have a 9-pin diagnostic port, and to older vehicles (mid 1990's to early 2000's) that have a 6-pin diagnostic port. For older vehicles with a 6-pin port we have options to connect our 9-pin adapter to your 6-pin diagnostic port.

Check your vehicle diagnostic port, usually located under the dash on the driver's side to determine if you have a 6-pin or a 9-pin. It is also highly recommened that you check out the Getting Started document under the Apps tab for more information on the diagnostic port and our adapters.

And here's a link to download the Getting Started document:
Old 06-24-2022, 09:07 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I've used on my 2000 Dynasty for over a year, previously used Silverleaf user, I have found it to be a very good product, assistance from Mark (owner) is good but he has lots of customers so be patient. I like the ability to design a dash, take it on a trip, and if needed, change it on the road that evening and watch next day. Learning curve is tough IF you don't use the Getting Started file. I use the 6 pin ODB on my coach, it's has some limits compared to a newer coach with a 9pin. Selected monitor is also important I've tried a few but settled on a Fire 10 HD, so far only problem is trying to keep from dimming after 30 minutes.

Good luck
TraceJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:34 PM   #11

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...KHGZ9egyFFh-Sq
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:53 PM   #12

For your dimming issue you might to get on Fire forum some functions can be unlocked in developer mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceJohnson View Post
I've used on my 2000 Dynasty for over a year, previously used Silverleaf user, I have found it to be a very good product, assistance from Mark (owner) is good but he has lots of customers so be patient. I like the ability to design a dash, take it on a trip, and if needed, change it on the road that evening and watch next day. Learning curve is tough IF you don't use the Getting Started file. I use the 6 pin ODB on my coach, it's has some limits compared to a newer coach with a 9pin. Selected monitor is also important I've tried a few but settled on a Fire 10 HD, so far only problem is trying to keep from dimming after 30 minutes.

Good luck
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 08:37 AM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

6-Pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
The following is a quote from the BlueFire website I linked to above (bold added)

We sell data adapters that connect to newer vehicles (early 2000's to present) that have a 9-pin diagnostic port, and to older vehicles (mid 1990's to early 2000's) that have a 6-pin diagnostic port. For older vehicles with a 6-pin port we have options to connect our 9-pin adapter to your 6-pin diagnostic port.

Check your vehicle diagnostic port, usually located under the dash on the driver's side to determine if you have a 6-pin or a 9-pin. It is also highly recommened that you check out the Getting Started document under the Apps tab for more information on the diagnostic port and our adapters.

And here's a link to download the Getting Started document:
Thanks, I am guilty of not digging into BlueFire, website

I have the 6-pin connector, I hope that the BlueFire can do a cylinder power balance.

Thanks for your kind help

Tags
fire