RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #1

Bra for 1999 Monaco Dynasty

Somewhere on here someone had a bra for a 1999 Dynasty. Looking for one if anyone has this let me know.

Thanks jim

JHowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #2

Bras are a good way to sand the paint off the front of your RV. Is that what you wanted? Really, any dirt that gets behind the bra vibrates and scraps against the paint. A clear attached bra is much better.

RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:17 AM   #3

Bra

Thanks for the information but I think people are to lazy to remove and wash the motor home and bra.I removed the clear 3M coating that was so weather checked and ugly. Had to repaint the front of our Monaco. No more of that. Would only use bra on travel days. Remove when I get to my camping spot in Fla. A good fitting bra will not sand the paint off. Only not washing it will cause this. Still looking but might have to have one made in Fla.

Thanks Jim
Old 09-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #4

Well, it sanded the paint off mine at the edges. You just can't get the bra tight enough to keep it from vibrating from the wind. As far as 3M clear film, I have had it or rig for 4 years and the only thing I can see is a little wax gets on the edges. No big deal. It can be removed and replaced without a repaint.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I've been considering a bra for my '06 Endeavor too. In my case, it's to hide the deteriorated 3M coating, which is checked and cracked very badly.

I started to peel off the old stuff but decided I'll never live long enough to finish the job, hence the cover. It's definitely a bear to remove, but if you have a solution (no pun intended) that is 'no big deal' and will make shorter work of it, I'm all ears. Please enlighten me.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #6

I have also been looking at MH front end protection as we are planning an Alaska trip.
The company I have seen recommended is Coastline RV and Off Road - RV Products
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #7

Bra

Rusty, I dont have a good way to remove the clear 3-M coating. Wife and I used a plastic scraper and razor blades. Took about 60 hrs. Tried heat, cold, decal remover but ended up with a new repaint. Did it our selves because I have a shop to do this in and cost to me was over 600 for paint.
The bra thing has its good and bad. Friend with 2003 Winnie uses his all the time and front looks good. He removes it when parked or when washing mh. Most people dont want to take the time to remove and wash often.
Good luck removing the old stuff but it is worth it not to look at that crap on front of nice mh.

Jim
Old 10-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Jim. I'm halfheartedly working on it as I go. Mostly, it's when I walk by the coach and pick a little corner off at a time, or when I come home frustrated after such a bad day of fishing that it's not worth having drowned the bait. Kinda didn't think there was a magic-cure, but ya never know.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Being in the upholstery business, I was able to make my own bra for the front of the Exec. I really had no choice as the front was severely pitted from previous owners trip to Alaska. This was what the end result of my long hours of fitting and embroidering.

Attached Images

stich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #10

Bra

Most good custom auto trim shops will make you a custom bra. I have one on my 96 Windsor made of green vinyl that matches my coach. It has a soft back side and my paint looks like new after 86,000 miles.
Ron Del
rdelcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #11

Ron do you just put the bra on when you are travelling and then take it off when you arrive at your destination or do you leave it on all the time??

Getting my front repainted next month and am debating if I should reinstall the bra for our trip to the Rio Grand

Anyone have any advise??
jbesdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #12

Br

I leave it on all the time. Since the color matches the coach it looks attractive. I keep SP303 aerospace protectant on it and that gives it a little gloss and makes the bugs easy to remove
Ron D
rdelcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #13

Be careful of paint abrasion under the bra due to dust and dirt rubbing against the paint. My 97 Imperial had a bra at one time and before I purchased it and the former owner had to have the front cap repainted.
Steve
05 Panther
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
We've had ours on for about 5000 miles. So far no problems. Keeps the bugs and debris off the paint. Time will tell, I guess. \ken

Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco