Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Question Brackets to secure washer/dryer combo?

I recently purchased a 2008 H.R. Neptune with the washer/dryer combo. The washer is not secured inside the wall cabinet and tends to shift around during road trips. I'm concerned it could slide out of the cabinet in the event of an emergency lane change or other violent motion.

Is it normal for the washer to be installed without brackets securing it to the cabinet? I'm wondering if a previous owner installed the washer incorrectly.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Our 2008 Beaver Contessa has a stacked set, meaning separate units. The dryer is attached with screws, the washer just sits in there. Doesn't move....it's heavy!
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had an '06 Endeavor (bought new) with the combo washer/dryer. It wasn't tied down either, but didn't move on the first few trips just sitting there unattached to anything.

I couldn't get enough clearance to install brackets to the unit, but to be sure it wouldn't tumble down the aisle some day I wedged it in-place by putting padded 2x2" at the front/sides/back, and screwed them to the closet walls.
Could always tell when wife was doing laundry, it certainly vibrated the coach in spin-cycle but stayed put.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I removed ours and it wasn't connected to the coach with a bracket. I think that might be an issue if it were out of balance and was connected to the coach by a bracket since they tend to wobble in that condition.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
I removed ours and it wasn't connected to the coach with a bracket. I think that might be an issue if it were out of balance and was connected to the coach by a bracket since they tend to wobble in that condition.
That's what I was thinking too when I read the last sentence in RustTools' reply
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone! I like RustyTools idea of blocking the washer at the corners just enough to keep in from shifting. This will keep it from sliding forward and popping open the cabinet doors while I'm driving.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #7

StevenK-

A prior owner added the hookups and Splendide combo. I suspect a dealer did the work. They removed the front lower (i.e., "kick") panel and installed two hardware-store-grade zinc-coated steel angles. Note: Cleaning the pump filter can release water into that area; zinc-coated angles and their screws will rust.

When I got the coach, I found the angles didn't prevent the combo from shifting forward such that it contacted the cabinet panel. That caused the panel to act as a drum when the combo was spin-drying. So, I did something similar- I wedged a piece of fir strapping between the right-side lower edge and the cabinet interior. Shifting/drumming problem solved.

The Splendide died three weeks ago. Despite its utility, we won't be fixing or replacing it anytime soon. It'll be nice to get the cabinet space back.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Splendide makes metal brackets to secure the front adjusting legs to the floor. I installed them on mine. You can call Splendide to get the part number. I found mine at Camping World but I would bet that Amazon has them!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:05 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenK View Post
I recently purchased a 2008 H.R. Neptune with the washer/dryer combo. The washer is not secured inside the wall cabinet and tends to shift around during road trips. I'm concerned it could slide out of the cabinet in the event of an emergency lane change or other violent motion.

Is it normal for the washer to be installed without brackets securing it to the cabinet? I'm wondering if a previous owner installed the washer incorrectly.
Steven,

We have the combo washer/dryer and these are the brackets that came with the unit. I purchased the Splendide and installed it. These brackets have held the unit for 11 years now. The brackets are placed at each of the two front legs of the unit and you should be able to install them without removing the washer/dryer.

https://www.amazon.com/Securefit-App...48171977&psc=1

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/splen...saAjdVEALw_wcB

https://www.campingworld.com/splendi...4aAhoTEALw_wcB

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:33 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I used these for my Splendide no movement.

https://www.amazon.com/Securefit-App...48171977&psc=1
Old 02-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone! The metal brackets should do the trick and take only a few minutes to install. I purchased a pair from Amazon.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
On my 2001 Diplomat there is a 3/4' x 3/4' strip screwed across the front and I cut appropriate sized strips to wedge against the side walls to keep from moving around.
DiplomatDon is offline   Reply With Quote