Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Brake Rotors and Pads

I have a 2007 Monaco Dyanasty 43, looking for a good place and price for front rotors and pads. I have 63,000 miles on my coach and just put new tires on it and at the tires store they showed me the front rotors and they have some very bad cracks in them any help would be great. Does anyone know the part num for any of the parts needed thanks Roger You can call my cell anytime at
812-812-3104
hotrodder555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You need to specify what brakes are used on your coach. I think you probably have the Bendix ADB225 disc brakes. There will be a staming or tag on the calipers.

If so, here is a link to the price for replacement brake pads... https://www.anythingtruck.com/product/060-802593.html

Regarding rotors, there is a minimum thickness allowed. The rotors can be cut ("turned") to remove shallow cracks and warpness - to a point. Before replacing them, see if they can be machined.

This is a replacement rotor for the ADB225 (but you need to verify if it is the correct one for you) - but for an idea of pricing... https://www.anythingtruck.com/produc...531802081.html

The picture below is for my coach (2005 model year) which has the Bendix ESD225 brakes). If that is what you have, then the part numbers are shown on the picture. One way to tell is that the pads are held in with a strap and bolt on the ESD, and the ADB style uses a strap and a pin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bendix (Dana-Spicer) ESD-225 Air Disc Brakes - Parts Number Update.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	237648  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #3

I do not know part number for rotors required for your motor home, but a process for finding out is:
Call REV Monaco Grp at 877-466-6226, give them VIN and they can give you a Dana Spicer axle number. Call Dana Spicer at 800-621-8084 and they will give you the reference/manufacturer for the entire brake assembly (Bendix). Call Bendix at 800-247-2785 and give them brake assembly info provided by Dana Spicer and ask for PN for rotors for that assembly. Once you have the Bendix PN you can search for the rotors or cross references.
In my case I had one more, probably unusual, step. Bendix informed me that they had supplied Dana Spicer with Haldex brake assemblies. So I had to call Haldex at 816-891-2470 to get my brake pad PN.
Have Fun
Bob
dca81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:03 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You may find some usefull info in this thread I had last year.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2005...es-385194.html
1CoolZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
As an aside, your rotors shouldn’t crack- either you or a previous owner overheated them. You might want to review your your engine brake usage to minimize service brake overheating. Sorry if I’m stating the obvious, but it might help someone.

Walt
photopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
According to Bendix, some cracks are acceptable as long as they do not reach the outer edge.
From the Bendix Service Data:

For standard Bendix rotors, cracks running in a radial direction — like spokes of a wheel (see Area H) — less than 0.06 in. (1.5 mm) deep or wide are acceptable if they do not reach either edge (see G). Cracks are only acceptable if the length of the crack is less than 75% of dimension “f” (the width of the rotor contact area).

• For Bendix Splined Disc rotors, radial cracks are only acceptable if they are less than 0.04 in. (1.0 mm) deep or wide and if they do not reach either edge (see G). Crack lengths must be less than 75% of dimension “f” (the width of the rotor contact area).

Cracks reaching either edge of the rotor are not acceptable for either type of rotor.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake