Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2021, 11:03 AM   #1
GCS

Brake lights not working

Here’s the scene: 2008 Holiday Rambler 40SFT. The problem: both rear break lights quit working, the middle third light works fine. I checked the bulbs, they’re good. With the third light working, pretty much ruled out the switch. Turn signals, running lights and back-up light work OK. Next, was to check the fuse. I opened the forward door drivers side to check for a fuse in the panel. Looked for it on the panel listing to no avail. Also checked the bedroom closet circuit panel, just in case it might be there. It’s not. My question that I need help with is: WHERE IS THE BREAK LIGHT FUSE?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2021, 07:24 PM   #2

look in battery compartment lot of fuses in there if it is similar to 2008 Knight
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:28 PM   #3

your signature does not match coach you are inquiring about

rambler or endeavor ?
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:11 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have an 08 Holiday Rambler Endeavor I think the fuses are on the passenger side last compartment all the way towards the back
Old 09-27-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
GCS

Thanks all for the suggestions. Still looking, once i find it, I’ll repost and let everyone know where it was found.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #6

I have a 2006 Monaco Dynasty with same problem with brake lights and tow plug. I have 1 fuse in the front run box and another on circuit board 2 in ther rear run box. Both fuses are good and still no brake lights all though turn signals emergency flashers, tail lights and center cyclops brake light all work. Monaco's schematics show brake light signal wiring going to brake light assemblies making a 5th wire. Brake lights are Ford Van lights and are standard 4 wire automotive light assemblies. I am thinking there must be a 3 to 2 wire converter somewhere that must be bad. I don't know if you have the wiring diagrams, but mine show the rear run box in 2006 was used for the Navigator as well as my Dynasty. It is located on the rear passenger side just above the hydraulic reservoir. Board 2 is located onn the top left of the rear run box.
racerjar8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 03:14 PM   #7

My trailer lighting converter is mounted in the rt rear of the engine compartment and it was taped to and existing harness and I had to look around some time to find it the first time around.

In 7 years I have replaced 2 - 3 tail light converters ... So I installed weather pak connectors on the converter and the harness and a prepped a spare also .... so now it's a quick plug and play should it fail again.... cheap insurance IMO

Happy Trails
Old 10-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #8
GCS

Thanks again to all who gave suggestions. The break light fuse is in the small panel inside the last compartment on the passenger side of my 2008 HR Endeavor 40 SFT. Thanks Scott 61 for your info!! Glad to get the help we got as to where to look. Greatly appreciated!!

Tags
light, lights