Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
It sounds to me like you haven't gotten ALL of the old cable out from inside the wall and that's what is hanging up. I had to pull the side trim pieces off mine to have access (limited) to the pulleys. When I did that I found cable bunched up around the bottom pulley.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the info. I thought the same so I did pull the side piece off and can see the pulley at the lower right hand corner. Barely see it with very tight access, but I do not see any additional cable or other parts. I also ran a small flat piece of medal under the floor of the slide just to make sure nothing else was caught and I found nothing. I used the medal sort like a probe with no luck of finding anything.

Thanks for your reply

Bill
bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Did you receive your new cable yet and do you have the tools to install it?

The slide needs to get pulled from all four corners and maybe it's just binding up. Once the new cable is installed maybe it will move properly?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I did get the new cable but I do not have the crimping tool yet and after looking at the BAL video I am not sure how the cable goes around the lower right pulley.

Does it just come in from the outside, through the frame hole, around the inner part of the lower pulley and then up to the upper right side pulley and over to the I-Bolt and the "IN" btm connector????? This is where I am confused- not sure if the cable needs to go through some other bracket internally before attaching to the bolt and the green connector. I do know that the cable attaches to the outside bracket on the lip of the slide and the rubber grommet holds it in the hole.

Any confirmation of this process would be a help. Thanks
Bill
Old 05-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you all know that I still have not been able to get a new cable in the slide around the bottom pulley. The slide is still out and I cannot get it into the MH and I can not get a mobile repair service out to my house.

I guess this MH is going to be a guest home from now on, never to be moved again.

Have a good day to all. Thanks to all that contributed and attempted to assist me.
Bill
Old 05-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Don't give up just yet. It's been a while since I worked on mine but maybe over this coming weekend I can pull the side trim back off mine and try to help you with the routing.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for the offer to help. Please do not wreck or disrupt your system.

Somehow I am going to continue to pursue this problem. Next week my adult son will be visiting us and maybe him and I can get this cable on the bottom right pulley and up to the upper right pulley. There just is not much room to get the cable around the bottom pulley. When he gets here I am going to try some small "auto picks" to try to guide the cable up and around the pulley. I assume that is the way the cable comes around the pulley. Maybe you could confirm that for me.

The other thing is ,I am trying to understand the adjustment of the other cables. I just do not know if these cables were loosened would that help in getting the slide into the MH
Thanks again
Bill
Old 06-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Hi guys

Well after a lot of work and attaching a new cable temporary, I finally got the bedroom slide into the MH. I then took the MH up to the repair facility to get the cable properly attached and to get the whole slide aligned and working. Well today I get a call from them telling me that all the cables are now properly working but the motor is not pulling the slide into the MH. They claim the the motor is pulling 80 amps trying to move the slide. It is not totally burned out but it will not pull the the slide into the MH. They say that the slide can be pulled in using the manual method using the special connector and a power drill.

Has anybody have this happen to them with their Accuslide?

This has been a total challenge for over a month. They have given me a estimate quote of just over $300.00 for a new high torque motor. Ofcourse there will be labor charges for both the work on the cable alignment and the installation of the motor. I just have to wait another 5 to 10 days for the delivery of the motor. What a disaster, oh well another expense for a MH made using questionable systems from Monaco.

I just thought I would update all who might be interested and vent for some relief.
Bill
Old 06-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Bill our expert on that system was Rex and we lost him a little over a month ago, I thought I had one of his write ups on the procedure but cant find it if I ever had it. Sorry!
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Walt

Thanks for you reply. There is not much I can do now. The new motor has been ordered by my repair facility and I am going to have to absorb the cost and the time that the MH is in the shop. It has been just very frustrating with this broken slide. When the cable broke it almost exploded. It took quite a while just to get all the broken parts of the cable out from the slide. Then it was nearly impossible to get the new cable in the slide / pulleys. The use of the BAL Chinese finger mesh method was not possible because of the way the old cable was stuck. After several days I finally got the new cable to go in and
some how got it around the bottom pulley and then up to the connectors. Then with a temporary cable clamp I got the slide in the MH. Took it up to my repair guys and thats where it sits now waiting for a new motor. Who knows why the motor decided to "bite the dust". Anyways thanks for the reply

Bill
Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #25

Bill & Arlene
Don't know if you have the BAL Accuslide or not but this website has several videos a service manuals that can at least give you a heads up as to how your system works.
BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
Good luck!
Frank W. 09 Cayman
Lake City, Florida
flynnwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Frank

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is the BAL Accuslide and yes I have seen and studied their video so many times I see them in my sleep.

As I stated in my last post, I am past that point. The MH is in the shop waiting for a new motor for the slide. My repair tech say that all the cables are now connected properly and the slide can be brought into the MH sealing properly. The only problem is it can only be done manually using the flexible adapter and a hand power drill. The motor is "shot" and needs to be replaced. So now I just have to wait until gets to the shop and the tech can get it installed.

Anyways thanks again for your suggestion / reply.
Bill
Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I frayed a dinette slide cable. How I did that is another story. I did purchase a LARGE crimping tool (expensive) from Amazon and 3 more "slide" cables. Also a special tool to CUT the cable from Amazon. Like fastcat I always carry these cables and tools with the motorhome. I took the coach to Monaco in Coburg, Ore. and had them adjust all cables: dinette and full wall slide cables. I also suggested that they put LOCK-TIGHT on all the hardware so they don't vibrate loose and cause other problems with the slides. The tech asked his boss as they have never done that and he said do what the customer wants done. Now I don't have anymore problems when using the cable slides except I always hold my breath when extending or retracting them. Never knowing when they will fray etc. I always check on how they look after I extend the slides. They sometimes fray going in and out of the small hole as they retract or extend. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide