Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #1

Our 2007 Monaco Camalot PDQ always smells like something is burning in the rear bedroom. It appears to be excess heat from the engine compartment transmitted thru the plywood covers.Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Montana Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #2

Our 2007 Monaco Camalot PDQ always smells like something is burning in the rear bedroom. It appears to be excess heat from the engine compartment transmitted thru the plywood covers.Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The factory needs to cut a big hole in the back of your coach to get rid of all the hot air!! Just ask william willard
OOooooh, just noticed....WELCOME Newbie!!!
Seriously, get it on record..
Here's a link to a discussion on this topic.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Dan Hartwell...welcome to iRV2...and hopefully to the Monaco Forum! As you can tell, everyone here trys to be pretty helpful and most everyone is knowledgable in their own way!
I would like to invite you to become an official member of the Monaco Forum....just say "Karma Please"..and it is yours for free!!

Again..welcome to iRV2 and the Monaco Forum!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dan...Friends of ours have an 08 Camelot and had the same problem. Monaco authorized the addition of more insulation in the engine compartment. They must have used a little tiny guy to get in there and add a second layer.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Friends of ours have an 08 Camelot and had the same problem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don,
Is there an opening in the rear of the coach above door? I ask because I saw them made both ways at Harrisburg. Different build dates?? The fix is to do what I told Dan, the OP.
They now have a duct in the rear of the coach to help draw out the hot air. Can be retrofitted as was done to William Willards coach.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Dan -- I to had/have the same problem as you -- On my first trip to Harrisburg in Jan. they added more insulation, & was to add a vent in the back cap, but the vent was not available (they are made by an outside vendor)- On my 2nd trip to Harrisburg in Feb. the vent was still not available, but they did send it to my home -- NOW for the fun part -- It took awhile before I could get up the nerve to cut a 50x6 in. hole in M/H, but I did & it came out quite well -- I had seen this vent in some 08`s when I was in Harrisburg, & looked over the install -- Of course it`s still cool weather, & don`t know if this is the fix we Camelot owner`s are looking for, but it has to help -- If you have the insulation added, DON`T let them use the aluminum(sp)tape -- It will not hold -- They need to use shoulder washers -- It`s tuff to get into the engine compartment, but they can do it -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by William Willard:
Hey Dan -- I to had/have the same problem as you -- On my first trip to Harrisburg in Jan. they added more insulation, & was to add a vent in the back cap, but the vent was not available (they are made by an outside vendor)- On my 2nd trip to Harrisburg in Feb. the vent was still not available, but they did send it to my home -- NOW for the fun part -- It took awhile before I could get up the nerve to cut a 50x6 in. hole in M/H, but I did & it came out quite well -- I had seen this vent in some 08`s when I was in Harrisburg, & looked over the install -- Of course it`s still cool weather, & don`t know if this is the fix we Camelot owner`s are looking for, but it has to help -- If you have the insulation added, DON`T let them use the aluminum(sp)tape -- It will not hold -- They need to use shoulder washers -- It`s tuff to get into the engine compartment, but they can do it -- Bill Willard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #9

Thanks everyone. I'll get in touch with monaco and make sure it's noted, so warranty can take care of it. I,m running out on April 8th.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Dan - If you`re going to Harrisburg, notify them in advance that you request Tina Chance for your service writer & Eric Allen (team # 5) as your techs -- I had them the first time there, & was much more satisfied with them than the 2nd group -- Tina knows about the grill & she does keep her word -- Good Luck -- Bill Willard
Old 03-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tina knows about the grill & she does keep her word </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BP,
Is this the part you were waiting on and had MM give Tina a call about??

Dan,
If you are going to schedule a trip up there, maybe you can request to have her as your service advisor and maybe even get the vent ordered ahead of time..Never hurts to try
Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Sacs -- Yes it is -- Harrisburg had not recieved the part from the vendor -- And of all things, when the phone was ringing (does phones ring anymore?) UPS was at the door with the grill -- The call was from Tina -- Bill Willard
Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Bill,
Could you post a picture of you vent?

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:50 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Happycarz -- I would post a picture, but for 2 things, I don`t have a camera, & have no idea how to do that -- If MonacoMama will come down to Az, she can do that for me -- If you`re in Scottsdale now, I`m not that far away -- 2 blocks east of Gilbert Rd. in downtown Gilbert - Bill Willard