Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #1

I have just priced a Neptune and was thinking of buying it. 37PDQ that listed at 200 thousand but selling for 130. But after spending an hour or so on the forum I don't think I want to buy. Don't know what is going to happen with Hr. Looking for advise
Campynye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All I can tell you is I am quite happy with my coach. I looked at quite a few Neptunes and fine them to be quite nice. That seems to be a really good price for one. I have had issues but Monaco and HR have been there for me so far. I personally think Monaco can weather this financial storm as long as things start to turn around by the end of summer. If it doesn't, not sure it will matter much who you buy from they will all be in trouble.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
No body has a crystal ball to know what might happen going forward...every RV mfg and dealer is struggling right at the moment....the concensus among those with contacts at Monaco seems to be that they will survive in some form.....at least at this point they are still in business, although most employees are on extended furlough to save money, which is more than Alpine, Country Coach, Alfa and several others that have already gone out of business can say.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Don't know if this posted already. I have a 2007 HR Neptune 34' diesel. It was in the repair shop in OCT for warranty slide repair. The shop called me just before I went to Quartzsite and said that Monaco hadn't paid the $594. Monaco told them that they didn't know if or when they could even pay it.

I called Monaco in Oregon and left a pretty salty message for someone in AP. Why have an extended warranty if they WON'T pay??

I'm pretty ticked and will have to pay the repair shop especially if I need repairs again.
Makes you wonder if you would buy a Monaco product again!!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Campynye:
I have just priced a Neptune and was thinking of buying it. 37PDQ that listed at 200 thousand but selling for 130. But after spending an hour or so on the forum I don't think I want to buy. Don't know what is going to happen with Hr. Looking for advise
You might want to compare the Neptune to Tiffin's new Allegro Red. Floor plan is very similar and MSRP is about the same or less. I think they are both running the same engine and transmission. To date, there has been no question about Tiffin honoring their warranties (and more).
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

Quote:
I called Monaco in Oregon and left a pretty salty message for someone in AP. Why have an extended warranty if they WON'T pay??
LRuiz - Is it EXTENDED warranty or FACTORY warranty? There is a difference and that also determines who pays for the repair.
MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #7

Even if you have the "Monaco Extended Care" extended warranty, Monaco is not the underwriter nor are they responsible for paying on any of the claims. It is simply an extended warranty that Monaco has endorsed.

And to the Tiffin owner, they have their ups and downs too. Lots of "Mom and Pops" dealers that don't have the best service facilities. And you can take it to Red Bay... if you don't mind waiting for a long, long time to get repaired.

Tiffin is a lot like Monaco was about 7 years ago... they are growing at a very fast rate because of good product and great service. Just as Monaco saw it comes with some bumps in the road and occassionally the inability to "keep up" with their cusstomers. I will concur that it is a great product though, as is Monaco/HR.
rvguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:33 AM   #8

I have the Caymen 37PDQ which is the Monaco version. We like it. That's about the rate but I have seen a little lower right now out there on the web.
The front end bottoms hard on road bumps. Satellite radio is the biggest POS i've ever seen. The slide seal came off one side and I have to get it repaired. Gas gage sometimes gets stupid but Catherine says so do i ocassionally. Shower door jumps track all the time. We clamp it in place with a couple of cheap plastic hand clamps now when we travel.
It's a lot easier to get into State parks than the bigger ones. I've seen people struggle to get into places with the larger ones.
All in all, Ours has been good to us and we would buy another. But the 8 airbag chassis is reported to ride a lot better and you have to step up to a Knight for that one.
The other hand ...? We like ours. I fulltime and we move job to job every three months or so. It get's around 9-10 mpg and the Allison transmission has been flawless.We pull a 2007 Honda CRV four down and the coach doesn't seem to care if it's back there or not. Dragging the eurochair out to watch TV has been a nightly ritual. Heat pumps work down to about 28 degrees. Furnace works well.

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #9

I am off to the Tiffin site and spend more time there
Ron
Campynye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check out TiffinRVNet (Not Connected with Tiffin Motorhomes) . They'll tell you the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote