Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I've had lots of the cabinet strikes (the part with the hook that mounts on a cabinet door or a drawer) on my cabinets and drawers break. New assemblies that include the strike and the latch typically cost somewhere around $15.00 at a dealer.

I found a web site (and there are probably others out there) that sells just the strike for about $5.00 each. The vendor is shoprvparts.com. They shipped the same day I ordered the parts.

If you are looking for some hard to find part, you might want to take a look at this website.
glennb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I've had lots of the cabinet strikes (the part with the hook that mounts on a cabinet door or a drawer) on my cabinets and drawers break. New assemblies that include the strike and the latch typically cost somewhere around $15.00 at a dealer.

I found a web site (and there are probably others out there) that sells just the strike for about $5.00 each. The vendor is shoprvparts.com. They shipped the same day I ordered the parts.

If you are looking for some hard to find part, you might want to take a look at this website.
glennb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
glennb100...
Don't you love it when you come across a place like that! We have one up here in Eugene called NorthWest RV Supply that has stuff like that at comparable prices(and better prices in some instances) plus they tend to specialize in Monaco parts. Joe & the Gang just bought pallets of stuff from Monaco's Plant 17 location and he is still going through it.
(He even has a bunch of SmartWheels that he will be selling!)

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I'm going to have to pay Joe and the Gang a visit when we're down there again and buy them out of those strikes. The ones for the sliding glass doors keep breaking. We're going on our second set which are broken since we bought the MH last October. Luckily Gauranty RV keeps replacing them when we come in, but warrenty time's running out!

AKBrick
Old 07-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #5

Just bought 3 from Monaco parts for around or under $2.50 each, Good Luck,HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Monaco did have a good price on the catches. I purcased 8 from them. They do break all the time.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #7

The same company that makes the L-shaped latch also makes a pointed, self-centering latch.

The problem with the L-shaped latch is the drawer or cabinet door wobbles a bit and the latch does not line up properly. With the pointed latch, alignment is not as important.
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We bought a package of the hook only parts at teh Monaco store in the Harrisburg Repair facility. The biggest problem I've found is that the spring loaded latch doesn't come all the way open and stay open when you place side pressure on the drawer as it is opened. The latch closes and then when you try to to close the drawer the hook breaks after being forced closed a couple of times. Wife and I have both reviewed why the latches break and now that we have a large supply of them we are no longer breaking them. Now when the latch gets hung up she gets me to look at it rather than forcing it closed. I use a small screwdriver to open the latch and it works fine again. Pulling straight out when opening the drawer is paramount to preserving the latches.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I also got the hook for less than a dollar each at the Wildwood Service facility. When the last one broke I starting looking into what was going on. Here is what I found. The holes in the hooks are just slightly smaller than the screws used to hold then. Also when they are initially installed many times the screw have been striped in the wood and don't hold the hook tight to the wood. When one side of the hook gets loose it bends when you open the draw and then breaks. When I replace the hook I drill out the hole in the hook so screw slips through and I fill the old hole with a tooth pick and glue. I am then able to tighten the hook without stripping the screw, this appears to keep the hook from breaking.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #10

Don't buy this one:

Buy this style:
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote