Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #15
gma

All outlets work fine on shore power or when the generator is running.
gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
gma -- You don`t have a problem -- Your coach was wired that way from the factory, & so was our`s, which is a 07, 42' Camelot like your`s -- As stated in my previous post, to power those outlets, look in the bay forward of the wet bay,& on the ceiling you will see a metal junction box -- In that box you will find many wires, & one should be marked Bedroom -- Join that wire to the one marker slide out -- That will power the bedroom -- There`s probably other ways,but a lot more work -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
I've had the same problem. Most of the time its the CFI that needs to be reset. In our 07 Scepter it is situated above the top drawer on the bathroom vanity. Also it could be that one of the output fuses on the inverter needs to be reset.
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #18
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Go back and read Happycarz's post, he has it right. I had an oldtimer tell me the reason they did this was electric blanket controls will die a slow death if running on a MSW inverter. Both of my signature coach's night stand outlets are hot only on shore/gen power.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Big Sky Bob -- gma is not going to believe us, no matter what we say -- Just have to let him worry about it -- Bill Willard
Old 01-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #20
gma

What is the wet bay?
Old 01-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #21
gma

What is the wet bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
gma -- What year Camelot do you have ? As Happycarz stated, not all recepts are powered by the inverter -- On our 07 Camelot, the bedroom was not -- I did power them by connecting them to the road side circuit via a junction box located in the bay, forward of the wet bay-- Bill Willard
I'm confused. What is the wet bay?
Old 01-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
gma -- The wet bay is where the sewer, & water hook-ups are -- Bill Willard
Old 01-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
GMA: I had it confirmed by Monaco when I thought there was something wrong with my bedroom outlets. They purposely DO NOT energize the bedroom plugs when under power through the inverter. If someone has medical equipment (CPAP or ??) plugged in and the batteries drain during the night causing the equipment to shut off, it could have been a liability issue for Monaco. Not an issue with shore or generator power unless you run out of fuel. I do like Bill Willard's idea. I'm going to look for my junction box this weekend:0)
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
GMA,
Both outlets by the TV should be live on the inverter. There should be one inside the cabinet and one outside. Try plugging in a light, that works in another socket, into the TV outlets and turn on the inverter.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
GMA,
Both outlets by the TV should be live on the inverter. There should be one inside the cabinet and one outside. Try plugging in a light, that works in another socket, into the TV outlets and turn on the inverter.
Happy Harry -- I assumed gma was referring to the bedside recepts, which is on a different circuit -- But as you say, Monaco`s are like snowflakes -- No two alike --

When are you getting back to the valley ? I have bunches of stuff for you do to our coach -- You could be here helping me -- But no, you`re in Q wasting time -- Bill Willard
Old 01-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Mr. Bill Willard, would you reread post #10? He said all outlets in the bedroom, including the TV.
You are forgiven, due to your age. I'll be by to help you. If I'm not there by Wednesday, please start without me.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote