Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Camelot Galley Ceiling Lights

Does anyone know how to change the Galley light bulbs in an '08 Camelot? They have a brushed nickle looking plate around them; does it come off before removing the bulb?
I didn't want to damage it by trying to pry it loose.

Thanks,
Beth
Turner family is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If they are the round lights, on mine, you push and turn counter clockwise, they are keyed. Do not know if this is the case on yours. I found out when I broke one trying to just pry it off.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
'08 Camelot Galley Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
If they are the round lights, on mine, you push and turn counter clockwise, they are keyed. Do not know if this is the case on yours. I found out when I broke one trying to just pry it off.
Thanks Jim. We are trying that...bulb busted and the whole string of lights went out...oops. guess he pushed too hard. You did mean push and turn the bulb itself and not the baseplate, right?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
No, I meant the base plate, not the bulb, sorry. The fuse is in the front run bay, below the drivers window. Look on the back of the black removable cover in the bay and it will say which one is for which lights.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thank you so much!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I've had to change these light bulbs several times in my rig, same as yours. You twist the nickel cover off CCW and the bulb pulls straight out of the socket. It takes a 10 watt bulb and if you use a 20 watt bulb it will get really hot. Be careful not to touch the new bulb with your bare fingers. I use a tissue to replace mine. The only problem I've had with those cheap Chinese light fixtures is the rings fall off on a regular basis. Walmart carries the bulbs if you look for them in the lighting section.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
'08 Camelot Galley Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
I've had to change these light bulbs several times in my rig, same as yours. You twist the nickel cover off CCW and the bulb pulls straight out of the socket. It takes a 10 watt bulb and if you use a 20 watt bulb it will get really hot. Be careful not to touch the new bulb with your bare fingers. I use a tissue to replace mine. The only problem I've had with those cheap Chinese light fixtures is the rings fall off on a regular basis. Walmart carries the bulbs if you look for them in the lighting section.
Dear Bob,
Thanks for your reply. I see we both have good taste in motorhomes! Smile... The rings you mentioned that fall off often are the lights that run under the cabinets on each side of the motorhome. We have that issue too with those plates repeatedly falling.
The light we are dealing with now is in the ceiling, the plates around it haven't come off on us. He did manage to get the bulb out and replace it but the whole string of four galley lights won't come on.
He checked the fuse and breaker. Our fuse box is located in the bathroom. But something has "broke the circuit"...any thoughts?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I might add that the fuses that control the lights are in the cabinet in the bathroom. The lights are all controlled through the Multiplex system and the fuse for that is BATH 9 in my coach, but check those fuses for a dead one. They won't be found in the run bay.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I just ran out and checked my galley ceiling light fuse location and it's in Multiplex module E (center one), fuse #8 in the bathroom cabinet. That protects the 4 ceiling lights you are having problems with. If that isn't it let me know and I'll check further.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
I just ran out and checked my galley ceiling light fuse location and it's in Multiplex module E (center one), fuse #8 in the bathroom cabinet. That protects the 4 ceiling lights you are having problems with. If that isn't it let me know and I'll check further.
Oh bless you Bob, how kind of you. It was #8 just as you said, he had been looking at #1 since it also was called galley but was galley cabinet.

Sometimes it's so easy to overlook something for thinking it's a bigger problem!

While we were working on this we noticed some black streaks on the ceiling that must be mold. We have had some rain this week and been in desert heat.
I guess with the rain and heat it formed quickly on the ceilings when the slides were brought in damp.
It all came off with a wet cloth and some kitchen cleaner. We'd have never seen it though had we not been working on the light problem.

We appreciate your help and also Jim's help. Y'all are awesome!