Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
My self with the help of body shop. Yes it fits the slight bow. You’ll see when Tri metals. Send it to you.
The body shop did the cutting, I did the measurement and placement. They didn’t want to be responsible.
I secured the grill from inside the engine area, didn’t want exposed rivets.
If you handy it’s not a hard job. Good tape, jig saw with fine blade, air cutoff wheel. ( which we used).
Caution: your rear tail light wiring harness goes across that area too, cut zip ties and move it away from the work area.
I did notice the wiring. Thanks for the heads up.

I also have some blocks (plywood???) that are embedded in the fiberglass for panel strength. (only visible from inside). I need to measure my clearance on those as well.

Right now I have a slide dangling outside my coach waiting for new rollers to show up Hoping to get that project wrapped up later this month. Then on to the next one.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennieH View Post
I've thought about this for our 03 Camelot with the side radiator. I wondered if that would be a good idea and it does seem to be a good way to get rid of the heat.
I have 2 swing out doors at the rear for engine access. Anyone put vents/grills in those?
You would have to put 1 in each door. Do you have room above the door? That way, 1 long vent would work. You need to see what is behind the area you're thinking about. I have reinforcing that I have to take into consideration when locating my vent.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
I did notice the wiring. Thanks for the heads up.

I also have some blocks (plywood???) that are embedded in the fiberglass for panel strength. (only visible from inside). I need to measure my clearance on those as well.

Right now I have a slide dangling outside my coach waiting for new rollers to show up Hoping to get that project wrapped up later this month. Then on to the next one.

Yes, when we cut at the bottom paint line( between the black(top) and bottom (gold) we just nipped the fiberglass bulges, no issue cutting. You could move it up another 1” and still be in the engine Bay Area still. So these shouldn’t be an issue. Didn’t make it to coach today, but will be there tomorrow, I’ll snap a picture or two for you guys.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Perry, do you have a pic of the back of your coach?
Seems to me the '08 Scepter got an engine cover with a opening at the top to let heat out, and the Camelot didn't .
Ben, sorry for the delay, here you go, pictures of my vent.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnlandrus View Post
I’m fighting the hot Bedroom/closet problem. I remember reading a post, several months ago, that listed a source for a rear cap vent. I have been searching all morning for that post, without any luck. Does anyone have contact information for the company that made the vent ? If I remember correctly, doesn’t happen very often, , they were located in the Eugene/Springfield Oregon area.
Thanks for any help !!!

Greg
Greg, sorry for the delay, also look towards end of this thread, I posted some pictures of my vent grill from Tri City Metals. I have include for you some pictures of my engine compartment sealant job, also did this while I was replacing the interior bedroom carpet. More detail inside, if you want some pictures of this, I can send to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RearEngCptSeal1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	185353   Click image for larger version

Name:	RearEngCptSeal2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	185354  

Old 12-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo66 View Post
I have the same issue with my 2006 Camelot and would be interested in anything that could reduce bedroom heat.
zo66, check thread for new pictures of my vent install.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #49

Vent Purchase Options

To everyone, if you plan on purchasing the vent through Tri City Metals, I would suggest someone take the lead and make a group purchase. You might get it cheaper than the posted cost. Just an idea. Happy Cruzing!
Old 12-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
To everyone, if you plan on purchasing the vent through Tri City Metals, I would suggest someone take the lead and make a group purchase. You might get it cheaper than the posted cost. Just an idea. Happy Cruzing!
That's a great idea....I want one! Anybody else?
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
zo66, check thread for new pictures of my vent install.
Perry,

Thanks for the photos, I really appreciate it. After seeing your install, I feel confident about installing my own.

Jim
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo66 View Post
Perry,

Thanks for the photos, I really appreciate it. After seeing your install, I feel confident about installing my own.

Jim

Start with a template outside, check centering and position. I forgot to mention the little aluminum/ fiberglass hump in side by the cutting area, maybe my 3rd picture of grill inside engine compartment. Take a look you can see it. If I did it again I would raise it up another 1/2 or 1”. But I used the exterior paint line to help position the grill.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #53

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks Perry!

Monaco could have saved you 08' and up Camelot owners, a lot of trouble if they had installed the same rear cap they put on the Scepter.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Thanks Perry!

Monaco could have saved you 08' and up Camelot owners, a lot of trouble if they had installed the same rear cap they put on the Scepter.
You know it for sure! Thats why we all of share ideas, so we can make our coaches better.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Ben, sorry for the delay, here you go, pictures of my vent.
I made a couple phone calls this morning. Elite RV wants about $1000 plus shipping for the grills, powder coated, ready to paint. They will paint it if you give them the paint code for extra, but I didn't ask how much.

Tri Metals wants $476 plus shipping. Take $100 off for not powdercoating.

Both places recommend powder coating. Probably several weeks out once you order from them.

Tags
vent