Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 40 ftpdq View Post
I talked with elite RV in Oregon a buddy and I will take both our rigs there for the rear Vent no break if we both bring our Camelot’s to him $1700.00 each complete install with matching paint on the vent

Jim,

I need to find a vent for my 2006 Camelot, I think that $1700 does seem a little high considering that the project will only require a single paint color like William Willard pointed out. I live in LV so Oregon is s long way to travel for install and paint that I could handle myself.

Did they happen to give you a breakdown as to parts and labor? Just wondering if we could inquire about a "group buy" discount on parts?

This sounds like a part that they have to build to order as opposed to having on the shelf. There may be others on the forum that need one as well.

Just a thought,

Jim
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo66 View Post
Jim,

I need to find a vent for my 2006 Camelot, I think that $1700 does seem a little high considering that the project will only require a single paint color like William Willard pointed out. I live in LV so Oregon is s long way to travel for install and paint that I could handle myself.

Did they happen to give you a breakdown as to parts and labor? Just wondering if we could inquire about a "group buy" discount on parts?

This sounds like a part that they have to build to order as opposed to having on the shelf. There may be others on the forum that need one as well.

Just a thought,

Jim

I spoke with Jim this morning, understand his situation.
If Elite is to much, which it can be for many. I would think a good body shop in your local area could do the install, or maybe a local RV body shop. If the supplier will send it already powered coated that’s a big help. Jim has the rare color combo, so he may want it different. Getting the vent in will help greatly, and the other ideas too. Hope to see you at QZ!
Old 12-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Perry,

I'd be interested in one but I'm not driving to Oregon to install it. I could easily do it myself.

Engine rooms on boats require intake air and I've seen some that might work for our application. They make several different sizes and I've seen it in both aluminum or stainless. Not sure if I want to go that direction or not. I'm curious on what Elite will sell just the vent, shipped to me.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Perry,

I'd be interested in one but I'm not driving to Oregon to install it. I could easily do it myself.

Engine rooms on boats require intake air and I've seen some that might work for our application. They make several different sizes and I've seen it in both aluminum or stainless. Not sure if I want to go that direction or not. I'm curious on what Elite will sell just the vent, shipped to me.

Bill I believe Jim called Tri City in Oregon they are the folks that made them for Monaco. They will make one for around 450, but PM Jim he can give you details. I’m with you it’s a fairly simple project as long as you don’t need paint work.
I something different for the securing of grill instead of the pop river deal. PM me for details.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
To me, $1700.00 is about $700.00 to high -- When I got mine in 08, I think the grill cost was $400.00 -- I installed our`s myself -- Probably less than 2 hours to install -- Our was black, so color match was not an issue -- I used a grinder & saber saw to cut the opening -- Cut it under size at first, & slowly worked it to fit --Bill Willard
Bill,

can you measure it and post the size here? I'm guessing 6" x ??

thanks
Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Bill,

can you measure it and post the size here? I'm guessing 6" x ??

thanks

Bill will confirm but I believe overall length is 60”. I’ll be at my coach tomorrow and measure also.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:06 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo66 View Post
I have the same issue with my 2006 Camelot and would be interested in anything that could reduce bedroom heat.
Here is the info for TRI metal parts LLC In Eugene Oregon they make the vent and will ship to you
1-541-684-9167
Jim 40 ftpdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 40 ftpdq View Post
Here is the info for TRI metal parts LLC In Eugene Oregon they make the vent and will ship to you
1-541-684-9167
that is great. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Bill will confirm but I believe overall length is 60”. I’ll be at my coach tomorrow and measure also.
thanks perry.

Is yours factory installed, or did you install it?

The back of the coach is not straight, it has a little 'bow' in it which the vent needs to follow so it is flush against the moho once installed. Maybe not enough to worry about and I'm making a "non-issue" an issue.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:13 AM   #38

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our 2006 (early model) did not have the vents. At least on the 42DSQ this is in the rear bath so I can close the bath door and run the ceiling fan. It looks like the PO cut the engine access doors's top lip back about an 1" to try to vent some of the heat. The problem this created is he also added 2 more 6v house batteries and fastened them just inside the doors. When it rains, the batteries get wet.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Bill ---The grill is 49 3/4 inches long & 5 1/4 wide with 1/2 inch flange -- Pop rivets work just fine -- Mine is pop riveted on & has lasted 10 years -- Pop rivets gives a cleaner, smooth finish -- Our back has a slight curve also -- I made small relieve cuts in the back of grill & formed it to fit -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
I've thought about this for our 03 Camelot with the side radiator. I wondered if that would be a good idea and it does seem to be a good way to get rid of the heat.
I have 2 swing out doors at the rear for engine access. Anyone put vents/grills in those?
Old 12-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #41

Quote:
thanks perry.

Is yours factory installed, or did you install it?

The back of the coach is not straight, it has a little 'bow' in it which the vent needs to follow so it is flush against the moho once installed. Maybe not enough to worry about and I'm making a "non-issue" an issue.

My self with the help of body shop. Yes it fits the slight bow. You’ll see when Tri metals. Send it to you.
The body shop did the cutting, I did the measurement and placement. They didn’t want to be responsible.
I secured the grill from inside the engine area, didn’t want exposed rivets.
If you handy it’s not a hard job. Good tape, jig saw with fine blade, air cutoff wheel. ( which we used).
Caution: your rear tail light wiring harness goes across that area too, cut zip ties and move it away from the work area.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
Bill ---The grill is 49 3/4 inches long & 5 1/4 wide with 1/2 inch flange -- Pop rivets work just fine -- Mine is pop riveted on & has lasted 10 years -- Pop rivets gives a cleaner, smooth finish -- Our back has a slight curve also -- I made small relieve cuts in the back of grill & formed it to fit -- Bill Willard
Thanks Bill.

I had thought about the relief cuts like you mentioned. Thanks for the dimensions.

Tags
vent