Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Camelot rear cap vent source

I’m fighting the hot Bedroom/closet problem. I remember reading a post, several months ago, that listed a source for a rear cap vent. I have been searching all morning for that post, without any luck. Does anyone have contact information for the company that made the vent ? If I remember correctly, doesn’t happen very often, , they were located in the Eugene/Springfield Oregon area.
Thanks for any help !!!

Greg
gnlandrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 10:06 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same issue with my 2006 Camelot and would be interested in anything that could reduce bedroom heat.
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #3

Elite RV in OR can build you one. Ask for Mark.

541-995-4767
Old 10-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you, stillthinkin. Ill give Mark a call..
Old 10-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #5

Zo66, read this for more info

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/a-c-...ff-345559.html

Mark
Old 10-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Does anyone have any experience or know how effective this solution might be?

I would appreciate any info
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I added one to our 07 Camelot many years ago -- Monaco supplied me with the vent under warranty, & I installed it -- We 're on the road at this time, & will be a few days before I'm home - I have the address of the one who made the vent -- It's in Eugene, Or -- Yes, it does help -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:15 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Greg:
I think it was HappyCarz that pointed me in the direction of Advanced Thermal Products in Irvine, CA. They make nice wraps for the exhaust manifold and turbo. Had mine installed a few years ago and it made a big difference. It still gets warm back there, but not hot like it used to. I am thinking of adding the rear louver as well to take care of that last bit of bothersome heat. Nice in the winter though :0)
Good luck,
Mike
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you to all for the information !! I’m looking at all options to try and cool off the closet and bedroom.
I have several phone calls to make to get prices and decide what to do.
Greg
Old 10-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Let us know what you come up with Greg.
Maybe get a discount on multiple unit purchase.
Good luck,
Mike
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:14 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
As I live in AZ and have intense heat here, I needed to be able to get the bedroom livable when getting to my destination.

I had heard of the vent as a Monaco retrofit and had it installed while still under warranty. (I don't have a source for the vent.) Next I added a tin "roof" just below the vent and installed two 12" electric radiator fans, using a 3 way dash switch that turns the fans on with key, on at all times, regardless of key position, or off at all times.

After that I added the thermal exhaust wrap to the exhaust manifold, turbo, and down pipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1584.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	180940

And somewhere along the way, I resealed my bedroom engine access covers, removing the ineffective leaking bulb seal and replacing it with a dense foam seal.

If you have black soot around the hatch covers, the seals are bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8886.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	180941

Also, my buddy, Bill Willard, made a two piece foam board insert for my closet. This is the type that has the foil backing. He also made a carpet cover for it when he replaced all the carpet in the coach.

Now, no waiting for hours for the bedroom to cool when landing at my destination.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
This is the company that made my vent -- Tri Metal Parts LLC -- 3825 W 11th Ave -- Eugene, OR --- Phone # 541- 684-9167 -- The part is called "Overheat Grill for Camelot" -- Someone who had one made out of warranty, said the cost was around $400.00 --
If you go to Lowe`s & purchase a piece of foil faced foam board, 1 1/2 inches thick (this board is used to insulate houses, & comes in 4X8 sheets-- about $20.00 sheet) cut it to fit TIGHT inside closet floor, this will really help the heating problem -- You will only need a piece maybe 18 X 36 inches -- You can get foil tape at Lowe`s to edge the foam board, so it won`t get foam beads everywhere -- I have not had the hot closet problem since -- This is in a 07 Camelot -- Bill Willard
Old 10-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I live in Arizona, & can probably tolerate more heat than those of you living in cooler climates -What`s comfortable to me, may be hot as heck to you, so when I say I no longer have the bedroom heat problem, it may very well not be so for you -- More mods will be needed such as happycarz fans & such -- Just keep trying till you find a solution that suits you -- William Willard
Old 10-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #14

Like Bill and Harry, I learned if the “heat” issues and experienced them first hand. Bills help, I called Tri-City and after a few weeks they found one that was primered sent it to me for 300 plus shipping. Don’t know if they have anymore. Another member call also and had no luck.
The bigger issues as describe by Bill and Harry are describe in previous thread.
I found also replacing my bedroom carpet ( you can find thread here also with pictures) My seams, bedroom back closet seams were not sealed very well, included with that, look in engine compartment. I resealed everything in the back with new sealant, new seal on engine hatches.
I can say now, no heat issues anymore. Lots of work but well worth it.

Tags
vent