Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MCDDY:
Don't compare the ride of the Roadmaster to the Freightliner. Yes the FL has a cushy ride but put it in an emergency maneuver and see what happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dave,

That may be true. Now that I think back, My Discovery on the FL XC chassis did seem to have a softer ride than the Dip, but it did sway more as well when going over an uneven surface.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2008, 04:58 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
A word of caution is advised when setting the ride height. Make sure you have jack stands or the jacks almost down when adjusting, especially under the rear. I lower the jacks until they touch and then bring them up a little to keep the coach from settling on you. Adjusting the ride valve is simple but something could go south on you in a hurry and there are all kinds of low hanging steel parts in the rear of the coach and the chances slim you could move fast enough to avoid them.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #31
HPH

Monaco Owners Club
Happycarz,
I got the same spec from Monaco. My measurements: Back anywhere from 7-13/16 to 7-3/4,all 4 bags are w/in 1/16 of ea. other.Front- pass side B4 wheel=8-1/4 behind wheel=8-1/16 driver side B4 wheel= 8-13/16 behind wheel= 8-3/4. I know I'm low in back but don't get why the front is all over the place, the ground was fairly level. Do you have air leveling? I can't crawl under with the suspension at ride height,too low. With the air lifting the rear all the way up I can fit under. There are 2 ride height valves 1 for left,1 for right. With the box cage they have welded together under there it would be difficult to lay on your back and reach the valves with coach lifted, there's no way to sit up like in front. Did you do yours w/ rear raised manually with air? Dealer can't get me in till July 14. Leaving on a trip the 13th. Monaco Rep told me camping world is authorized and capable to do this. Anyone use them for this type of work?
HPH

2004 Z71 Tahoe
HPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">camping world is authorized and capable to do this. Anyone use them for this type of work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i've had bad luck using McClains for service... i'll never darken their door again.. i bought my first coach from them and their sales department is retarded as well.. the warranty work they performed was the same as stealing from the manufacturer.... they must be better in texas though....

In motion Satelite receiver, Equal Tire Balancer
Majeasy is offline   Reply With Quote